Oklahoma vs. W.Va | The Boneyard

Oklahoma vs. W.Va

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Since I posted the thread Final Fours vs. Top 10 talent, I am taking in better interest in Sherry Coales, I mean I always liked her, she seems nice enough but after seeing she doesn't really get top recruits, (why did Nancy Mulkey transfer-was she overrated?), and has pretty good results, plus was a class act this year with the game against Geno with her comments, I am rooting for her the rest of the way to earn a NCAA bid...a win against WVa would help her cause.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oklahoma routed West Virginia.

Never sure how good these Big 12 schools are since they mostly play such weak NC schedules.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Since I posted the thread Final Fours vs. Top 10 talent, I am taking in better interest in Sherry Coales, I mean I always liked her, she seems nice enough but after seeing she doesn't really get top recruits, (why did Nancy Mulkey transfer-was she overrated?), and has pretty good results, plus was a class act this year with the game against Geno with her comments, I am rooting for her the rest of the way to earn a NCAA bid...a win against WVa would help her cause.
As info, Geno was instrumental in getting Sherry the HC job at OK.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
As info, Geno was instrumental in getting Sherry the HC job at OK.
AND SHE WON TODAY! Wooo Hooo! And for the older crowd...Ooooooh Kkkk Laahomma where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is getting a lot of love this year, but I'm not convinced there's much there beyond Baylor and Texas.
I sort of agree and then I look at the Big10 and say I would rather see West Virginia, TCU, Ok St and Oklahoma over Nebraska (they lost to freakin Wash St!), Iowa, Minn, Mich St, Purdue or Rutgers.

Plus, Coale is easy on the eyes...just sayin':)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I sort of agree and then I look at the Big10 and say I would rather see West Virginia, TCU, Ok St and Oklahoma over Nebraska (they lost to freakin Wash St!), Iowa, Minn, Mich St, Purdue or Rutgers.

Plus, Coale is easy on the eyes...just sayin':)

For what its worth... the Big 12 is 5th in conference RPI. The Big 10 is 3rd.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

That loss aside, what Amy Williams has done in Lincoln is amazing.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
For what its worth... the Big 12 is 5th in conference RPI. The Big 10 is 3rd.
I know that as well and it's due to the aforementioned Texas Tech team sucking so much...The parity in the Big10 with no teams being relevant actually helps their ranking, plus Baylor playing a Bakery U (see that initial parallel B.U.?) schedule doesn't help the Big12 cause.

I still shake my head with the conference names as Big12 has 10 and Big10 has 14...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
That loss aside, what Amy Williams has done in Lincoln is amazing.
She inherited a mess and I for one, lost a lot of respect for Yori. Creighton just hired her...arrggghhh. Amy has a pretty impressive resume with SD so I am rooting for her, just not deserving this year. Neb still has MD twice, MSU and Penn St. so I think their ranking will fall...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oklahoma routed West Virginia.

Never sure how good these Big 12 schools are since they mostly play such weak NC schedules.
Oklahoma played the #3 nonconference strength of schedule.

It can't be overstated how important this win was for Oklahoma's postseason hopes. I truly believe that as long as the Sooners finish above .500, their strength of schedule and RPI are such that they'll probably get an at-large bid. This win over West Virginia puts them at 12-11. Three of their final 6 regular-season games are against Kansas, Texas Tech, and Iowa State. Those are probably must-wins as well, because their other remaining 3 games are at Baylor, at West Virginia, and at Texas.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
If Oklahoma can go 4-2 in stretch and win 2 games in their tourney, that’s 18-14 so Plebe would/should be correct if all past indications from the selection committee hold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom