Oklahoma Play Designs/Calls | The Boneyard

Oklahoma Play Designs/Calls

Reaction Score
In general watching college football this weekend made me sad at how creative some teams got on offense to produce results. Need to expect more of Randy and the OC then running the ball 50 times up the middle.

Reaction Score
In general watching college football this weekend made me sad at how creative some teams got on offense to produce results. Need to expect more of Randy and the OC then running the ball 50 times up the middle.
I mean we knew what we were getting when Randy came back. The guy literally complained in the media the Lashlee's offense was scoring too quickly. While he is here, 50 times up the middle is about what you can expect.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Some of the passing concepts you see across the country are just beautiful.

By the way- a Wyoming team who should in theory have a more difficult time getting players than UConn just put up 37 points in a home win over SEC Missouri on Saturday. UConn put up 12

Reaction Score
No offense (pun intended), but we hired an OC that has no OC experience and was last years OL coach. Sure. He’ll get creative ..

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Recruiting applies to coaches, too.

Reaction Score

By the way- a Wyoming team who should in theory have a more difficult time getting players than UConn just put up 37 points in a home win over SEC Missouri on Saturday. UConn put up 12

Why should a Wyoming team, in theory, have more trouble getting players than UConn? I’m missing the theory.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Craig Bohl is the real deal. Dunno if he ever would have come east, but he would have been great for us.

FWIW, Wyoming ran for almost 300 yards in that game and passed for less than 100.

Reaction Score
I mean we knew what we were getting when Randy came back. The guy literally complained in the media the Lashlee's offense was scoring too quickly. While he is here, 50 times up the middle is about what you can expect.

He wasn't complaining about scoring too quickly, he was complaining about making our team essentially play 5 quarters worth of football plays and it is a legitimate criticism of the hurry up offense.

Reaction Score
As much as I complain about Randy, he was not running into an 8-man box against Wagner. This was pretty much the standard defense used by the Seahawks.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 1.58.47 PM.png

Reaction Score
As much as I complain about Randy, he was not running into an 8-man box against Wagner. This was pretty much the standard defense used by the Seahawks.

View attachment 46060
Hard to have 8 in box with offense running 3 wide. Key is what threat of pass to keep both or at least one of safeties at 45 yard line from crashing in immediately to stop run by making them respect the TE or over middle pass.

Reaction Score
Why should a Wyoming team, in theory, have more trouble getting players than UConn? I’m missing the theory.
Look at the Wyoming roster. With the exception of a handful (Ohio / Illinois) heir players come from the Midwest CO/NE/TX etc and California. UConn's is predominantly East Coast.
I know from being out here in Nebraska, that there are tons of guys that are just a hair short of being offered by the big guys that are immensely talented, especially the fat guys on the line. They are poached by Wyoming and So. Dakota State. Maybe UConn should look west in their recruiting;)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

That was last year not this year. Let's see how UConn does this season as that is a more fair comparison plus Missouri no longer has Drew Lock at quarterback.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom