Okay, Former UConners Chime In on KLS, Pheeza USA Opp | The Boneyard

Okay, Former UConners Chime In on KLS, Pheeza USA Opp

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Strange it took this long. But:
Former Huskies weigh in on USA opportunity for Collier, Samuelson

AR-170919949.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

“I had the opportunity to do it, get on the court with Hall of Famers and I learned a lot just by watching it and being around it,” Taurasi said before Sunday’s WNBA playoff game at Mohegan Sun Arena. “USA Basketball is a program, it certainly is about doing things that have been set for a while now. It will be good for them to get that early (exposure) and see it, show what they can do, it is a great opportunity for the young kids to put their foot in the door.”

” Taurasi said. “Lou probably made the biggest strides from freshman year to sophomore year that I have seen in a long time in college basketball. That is about confidence, attitude and being confident in what you are doing on the court. Napheesa is so versatile in so many ways, she has this calm presence about her on the court. They’ve had a great sophomore year but they have to keep going.”

Those California girls stick together. :D:D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get down on Lou sometimes (rebounds? rebounds? what rebounds?), so it's nice to hear the greatest women's player ever (besides Maya, of course) say such nice things about Lou. She got really beaten up, and yet Geno kept her in for an incredible number of minutes, so D obviously knows what Geno knows.

Reaction Score
Great players know great players.........Lou and Pheeza are now becoming great players.........Its contagious
!!!

Reaction Score
I thought Dee really nailed it, in spades, when she described Pheesa as having "this calm presence about her on the floor", and I hope they both take the last part of this quote to heart, "They’ve had a great sophomore year but they have to keep going".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom