OK! Now I believe Crystal Dangerfield will start | The Boneyard

OK! Now I believe Crystal Dangerfield will start

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Dangerfield will start because of this Auriemma quoate.

"Starting Dangerfield, Auriemma explained, keeps the returning starters -- three of whom were All-Americans -- in the spots they thrived in a season ago."

"We tried it in Italy and it was uncomfortable," Auriemma said. "That's why sliding Crystal in there is so easy so you don't change the other four from where they're comfortable being. Then when Azura comes in the game that changes the dynamic. People are moved around and that's not a bad thing. We've made some changes offensively that have made us more comfortable. By the end of the season it's going to look really, really good. Just in the beginning it won't be that easy."

Reaction Score
I think that's what many folks were saying six months ago that it just made sense to replace Chong with Crystal Dangerfield and you're done rather than start Stevens and have everyone change positions.

Reaction Score
Azura becomes the BEST six women in women's basketball. Geno has always valued a sixth women who can come in and change the dynamics of the game. Myra and Diana quickly come to mind and I'm sure their is many, many more. This team has great potential and if I was a coach in WBB I would be shaking my head in attempting to come up with a way to beat this team. Not sure it will be possible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some folks thought we had players playing out of position last year--and we may well have--but they did adjust and thrive. Moving them to new spots has some negative consequences.

Looking at last night's game, I think we have 6 players who have roughly equal, though different talents. Both Crystal and Azura looked very good. They fit in with the Core 4.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I still wonder what will happen if the opponent has a good, big post player -- A'ja Wilson, Kalani Brown (in the tournament), or someone like that. I have to think that even if she doesn't start, Azura's minutes would go up noticeably in games with that feature.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom