OK I know we need some offense and its late but | The Boneyard

OK I know we need some offense and its late but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
maybe its my imagination but Facey hits those 10/12 foot baseline jumpers. His shot looks sound only he rarely shoots. Why not use that threat as a bail out when Boat or Purvis drives? Even Phil nolan has hit a couple 10 footers and his shot looks good.

Our offense is all Boat. Hamilton, obviously the second choice, is viable but a bit inconsistent. Brimah can just alley op dunk. Purvis is Puvis, if he has a good game maybe he's good for 12/14 points (albeit a career night agaainst SMU). So KO let Facey take some 10 footers, maybe that opens up the lane for better penetration and provides options. Or maybe I need to clean my glasses.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
At this juncture, anything Facey offers on offense is mitigated by his lack of physicality in the paint and subpar defense.

It seems like Phil and Facey are good for around one jumper per game. But when it counts, I'll take Phil's defense.

Reaction Score
Will he even get enough minutes in the Tourney to even discuss this?

Ollie seems to have him on a short leash, and Phil and Brimah seem to have avoided early foul trouble lately.

Reaction Score
Seeing as he routinely bricks layups maybe its time to feature his midrange game.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Its too late to look to Facey now.. Facey should have been utilized more in the offense early on in the season, would have built confidence and better understanding of the game... Obviously KO sees something different cause I thought for sure we couldve had him doing more since the start of the season... I think we under utilized hamilton and his strengths in the season as well... He looked promising to get more set plays and a better shot slection after PR but it never really happened.. He now has to rely on creating his own shot off that fake and dribble into a crazy smooth mid range shot...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its a tough time and situation to ask of what is basically a first year player.
I agree his shot looks smooth but to be frank if he, his teammates and his coach had that much confidence in that situation, I think that it would be part of the system.
Just my opinion.................

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Its a tough time and situation to ask of what is basically a first year player.
I agree his shot looks smooth but to be frank if he, his teammates and his coach had that much confidence in that situation, I think that it would be part of the system.
Just my opinion.......
Well I dont see many sets being run for any of our players.. lots of motion and two man game situations... I think the coaching staff has lots of confidence in Hamilton and I know the players do.. But either way what he has shown is very promising for the future.. He should be back next year with a stronger dribble and slightly stronger frame...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom