OK folks, time to move on - Official UCONN vs Temple prediction thread.... | The Boneyard

OK folks, time to move on - Official UCONN vs Temple prediction thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-13-10 uconn
-nick williams td on a punt return and chad goes 2-3 on fgs
-whitmer throws for 200 and 2ints late
-lyle 40 rushes for 40 1 yard gains
-30 different tailgate's flags are flown upside down, news/rumors spread all afternoon and chants rein down late 4th "fire p!"
-only about 10 to 20 ppl actaully wear uconn gear inside out but they do it proud and more do it the next week
-the upper sections of the rent are packed meanwhile the lower sections are empty

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
24 - 14 Huskies. Big time rebound from the Rutgers game. The D will be in full effect against Temple, and I think that Geremy Davis will have a career day. No turnovers equals a double-digit UConn victory. We get back above 0.500 again, even up our conference record, and prepare for our last game against the oranges...

...Let's Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
9-7 UConn, thanks to 3 field goals from Chad and the usual fine defensive effort.

Also, a dismal showing in spite of Homecoming of around 32 K. That will definitely get Warde's attention if there is any doubt where his head is...

Reaction Score
First series goes like: Blue, i mean Deleone hurts artificial hip during coin toss, we receive for a touchback, inside handoff for 2, toss sweep for -2, 5 yard completion to a diving Davis, 50 yard punt to pin them at their 30, minor victory for PP, I throw my glasses at the TV, my wife yells at me, I swear off the rest of the season, the D draws me back in on the next series.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't know whether to be impressed or shake my head that people are predicting this team to score multiple times. I have no reason to think that Temple doesn't come in with a chip on their shoulder and sticks it to us.

Reaction Score
Temple coming in off an emotional win last week. I think we squeak this one out 13-10. Won't be pretty though.

Reaction Score
13 - 9 Temple. PP is not allowed to travel with team back to Storrs. Era over.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Another close game against a team we should stomp. Does it matter beyond that?

Reaction Score
5-0 on a Trevardo Williams sack in the end zone and a Christian 51 yarded.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

I don't know whether to call the cops or to get a ski mask and help you out... :confused:

Reaction Score
UCONN 13-7
I feel the same desperation some others feel about the play of our team and the coaching performance we've seen so far. I have to say that I felt that this game against Rutgers would measure us as a team and expose the weaknesses we were showing in the other games, even those we won. That is what occurred. Rutgers was solid and physical in all aspects and didn't beat themselves. They let us flail away and make the mistakes that would cause us to lose on the road. That's what good teams can do. It wasn't as disturbing that we lost to a better team, but that we played poorly, couldn't execute the plays that were there on offense well enough to compete for a win, and just took ourselves out of it. I don't feel that this means we can't beat other teams in this conference who aren't as complete teams as Rutgers. But the thing I want to say to all those here on the BY that always talk about Rutgers winning in february but not when it counts, it's clear that we still have a clear deficit in the roster that is holding us back in what we are trying to do. Can we play better? Coach better? I hope so, but I feel that our recruiting is still lagging behind the teams in our conference and gives us a small margin for error. Although the coaching aspect is seeming to let us down during games, our execution of the plays we are calling is leaving points on the field and putting us in a hole we can't climb out of. Chandler is going to have to cut down on his mistakes for us to have a chance to win some games. In addition, the O-Line will need to improve enough to allow a reasonably competent run game to keep the opposing defenses honest. Bottom line - we can play better with the existing players, existing staff and existing system. Whether it is a winning formula going forward is debatable, but until we build a solid roster of starters and reserves that cause match-up problems for other teams we won't know that. I'm not at all certain that this staff can bring in those players or can have enough success to be around long enough to see that through. I don't like this sack the coaching staff campaign. I think it's misguided, but on the other hand it reminds me of what WVU fans went thru with Bill Stewart in charge. It was seen as extremely disloyal to a WVU guy to bring in Dana Holgerson, but what an unbelievable change he has made in their team and the utilization of the talent they have. It makes you think that it all goes hand in hand - the better coaches can get the talented players and they can use them well in a good system to win games. If that's what is happening here, it is not that noticeable. I still am rooting for this coach and this team to succeed but I am losing hope that it will happen soon enough to satisfy the decision-makers.

Reaction Score
23-14 UCONN. I think temple is riding high after last weeks win and comes here outta gas. We get 1 td on offense along with 3 fg's mixed in with a defensive or ST td.

pj

Reaction Score
UConn 17-9. We're due for a blowout 2-score victory!

Reaction Score
University of Connecticut - 2
Templol - 0

I think I'm going to stop the 100 point predictions, because I'm not sure if this team can even score 100 points total for the rest of the year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Score: 13-7 Temple. We've lost to Temple recently so the talent level is, sadly, about the same. Plus, they always get geeked up to play us (probably because we replaced them in the BE). Note: our 7 comes from a defensive TD.
Crowd: 32,419. The usual late arrivals and early departures. Lots of booing on 3rd and long incompletions and after the first half dozen runs that net zero gain on first and second downs. Loud boos going into halftime down 7-0.

Reaction Score
Uconn 13 Temple 6 and we get to read about how PP's team has not strung two wins together and how he gets to try to win two in a row at the Orange where he is the winningest BE coach blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom