Ohio State says thanks | The Boneyard

Ohio State says thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Looks like FSU and OSU for the national championship. Games like this are why I love college football!

Reaction Score
No way SEC doesn't get a team in the NC. Who wants to watch OSU get crushed again.

Reaction Score
I think it is very possible for Auburn to leapfrog Ohio State. The Buckeyes beat Michigan by 1 point.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Missouri beats Auburn and Bama gets the BCS bid.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I think it is very possible for Auburn to leapfrog Ohio State. The Buckeyes beat Michigan by 1 point.
Butch, you've got to live out here to realize just how big a game that was for both schools. They REALLY hate each other. Take our disdain of Rutty and multiply that by 50 and you'd be close. The Michigan fans were really nice to us when we played them a couple of years ago but had you worn any OSU gear the reception would have been markedly different.
You can't take anything for granted when these 2 teams meet.

That being said, there's no way a one loss SEC team gets to the BCS title game over an undefeated B10 team. Is OSU good enough to win it? Not with their defense playing the way it has. FS could put 50 up on them.

Reaction Score
tired of the SEC... how can you root for the SEC?... the Ohio State all the way. there is no way that it would be fair to have a one loss team of the SEC over a 24-win-straight Ohio State team. That is just wrong. as weak as they want to call the Big Ten (which is arguable) I still think the Big Ten IS the Big Ten and deserves a team in the National Championship if its undefeated. Beat Michigan State and they should be good to go.

How great would it be to see Florida State vs. Ohio State.... for once.

Reaction Score
Otherwise I have to root for an AAC team or a team just off probation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Florida State and Ohio State because it's the only execution they will allow on National TV these days. That would be an absolute bloodletting.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi will be national front and center this week. If he knocks off Ohio State he will be the nation's secretary of defense and his price tag will go through the roof. Hopefully Burton has his checkbook out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like FSU and OSU for the national championship. Games like this are why I love college football!
Great call about the action this weekend-going back to Oregon and Oregon State, there were good games EVERYWHERE! I couldn't keep up with all the good games, even though I did some serious absentee husbanding/parenting.

For the record, I think OSU is similar to ND last year-certainly a good team, and deserving of a BCS bid, but not National Championship worthy-I think they have won multiple close games against mediocre teams that have better national reputations than actual teams this year. I think the point will be moot soon since I think Sparty beats them anyway.

Reaction Score
Butch, you've got to live out here to realize just how big a game that was for both schools. They REALLY hate each other. Take our disdain of Rutty and multiply that by 50 and you'd be close. The Michigan fans were really nice to us when we played them a couple of years ago but had you worn any OSU gear the reception would have been markedly different.
You can't take anything for granted when these 2 teams meet.

That being said, there's no way a one loss SEC team gets to the BCS title game over an undefeated B10 team. Is OSU good enough to win it? Not with their defense playing the way it has. FS could put 50 up on them.
sorry but the rutgers rivalry is in name only. yes, there have been some good games and the series has been competitive the past couple years.
yesterday proved the average uconn fan isn't that passionate about the hatred for RU.
a chance to deny your 'rival' from the bowl season before they leave for the B10 and the stadium was half full. not only that, but with mayber 200-300 fans, the RU faithful were very loud and at times seemed louder than the uconn fans. uconn winning was a much bigger story than beating RU.
suggesting the Mich/OSU rivalry is 50 times stronger is a huge understatement. by multiple zero's.

Reaction Score
I know they hate each other. But it's also easy to say Auburn has a stronger strength of schedule than Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Florida State and Ohio State because it's the only execution they will allow on National TV these days. That would be an absolute bloodletting.
We'll see. Bowl season is really detached from the actual regular season results. And this is the same sort of thing said when Ohio State played Miami, and when Florida got the chance to play Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Bama is still the best team in the country... I think, on neutral ground, Bama wins that showdown with Auburn..... IMO, the two best teams that shoud be playing for the Natl Championship are Bama and FSU... OR a rematch b/w Bama and Auburn... OSU just hasn't seen anything like what Bama or Auburn bring to the table... FSU has a Winston at QB... He's a beast (better than Manziel this year.. sorry Manziel fans, it's the truth... he leads his team to victories.. It's not all about him)... Unfortunately, the idiots that determine who goes to the championship game make crappy decisions....

Reaction Score
There will never be another rematch for the NC. Alabama -LSU soured the football world on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom