Ohio State Post-Game Press Conferences | The Boneyard

Ohio State Post-Game Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Isn't funny how other sites will cite their coaches quotes which they've gathered over the years and fawn over every word? While we on The Boneyard get a gaggle full after every game? So many that while we cozy up to one two more come down the pike.

Reaction Score
Happy pills and a fixed income. Damn I would love to be around him when he's drunk!![/QUOT

Standing in line at Walgreens for those happy pills won't end any time soon. By the slimmest of margins, UCONN continues to show up for the big games. But, as the coach said, one day soon his team will lose, when a physically superior team decides to play smarter, and take advantage of the HUSKIES (up until now) hidden weaknesses. Last night we watched another opponent self destruct, letting a star go one on five, waiting until too late in the shot clock to try and hit an open team member. OHS's depth deserved better, but it was fun watching Mitchell being chased by three or more UCONN players until a last second heave bounced off the rim. All those Buckeyes, an embarrassment of riches, the new and the transfers, ten deep but, alas, restricted by rules to only play five at a time. Yes, they will get better, but not last night. And it was good to see a tired Husky team take the air out of the ball in the fourth quarter, taking advantage of the big lead, nobody coming out to challenge our ball handlers.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
McGuff at his presser: "To their credit we came out of the locker room flat and they took control of the game,"

Let's see. You lost at home last year by the largest margin in your NCAA history and you came out flat? I'd suggest a superior and far more efficient team just made you look like that.

Reaction Score
Isn't funny how other sites will cite their coaches quotes which they've gathered over the years and fawn over every word? While we on The Boneyard get a gaggle full after every game? So many that while we cozy up to one two more come down the pike.

Good point, Jordy. What I heard that was memorable was Geno's line about winning to eternity, so perhaps the team might be described as the "From Here to Eternity" cohort (great book, movie, and team). Or Lou's line about "One Team Under Geno": not exactly what she said but it sure fits. Frankly, I'd rather sit and listen to Geno than anyone talk about what's going on because he actually knows. No sugar-coating, just the facts, ma'm. Some of the other coaches doing pressers looked positively stunned. McGuff understood what happened, he just has no idea how to translate his understanding into the concept of team. Of course, having Kelsey around can't be easy because prying the ball away from her requires a surgeon. And remember Kim and Muffet looking as if their turtles had died? Speaking of turtles . . .

Reaction Score
First time I saw Mitchell interviewed. No excuses, just we lost and that's it. Always talked about her teammates and how WE have to work hard to get better. I like her. I wish she had gone to USF. Would have made a tough team to beat with Courtney Williams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm having a problem with volume on these. Did Kevin say he thought their defense was ok?
Kevin is also lying to himself, the reporter, and Kelsey when he says " She (Kelsey) got her teammates involved and found the right balance between creating her shot and setting up her teammates. "

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Kevin is also lying to himself, the reporter, and Kelsey when he says " She (Kelsey) got her teammates involved and found the right balance between creating her shot and setting up her teammates. "
Kevin is also lying to himself if he believes his offensive scheme demands a cohesive, team oriented approach to offense. Or a disciplined approach to defense for that matter. The truth is both of his schemes allow for just the opposite as McGuff tries to treat every game as if it's skins against shirts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I give Ohio State credit. It's extremely hard to develop a cohesive team with so many new players added to the roster. The true test, it seems to me, is how much they can improve before the NCAA tournament and make waves in that tournament.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I give Ohio State credit. It's extremely hard to develop a cohesive team with so many new players added to the roster. The true test, it seems to me, is how much they can improve before the NCAA tournament and make waves in that tournament.
Kelsey Mitchell is a Junior. The tOSU transfers are now eligible to play, which means they have been practicing with this team for a full year now. Duke and South Carolina have successfully integrated transfers into the line up significantly better than tOSU has. I give them no credit whatsoever, that was a disgrace to basketball considering the amount of talent on the roster.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Was I the only one who couldn't hear the reporter's questions?
When Geno said "he will be glad when this team lose", that is motivation for the team, and a message for Maryland.
"Tuck left for more money, as if we wasn't paying her enough", so funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom