Ohio @ Buffalo - 1/05/19 | The Boneyard

Ohio @ Buffalo - 1/05/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This one is getting started on ESPN3 now.

Cierra Dillard of Buffalo is the nation's 2nd-leading scorer at 25.4 ppg (behind only Megan Gustafson).

Ohio has a balanced scoring attack, with all five starters averaging in double figures.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is the goal here to transform this board in to Rebkell? Why do we have a separate thread on a game between the University of Ohio and the University of Buffalo?

Can't games like this which maybe 2 posters care about be lumped together in one daily thread of games of interest (to a few)?

Just a suggestion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is the goal here to transform this board in to Rebkell? Why do we have a separate thread on a game between the University of Ohio and the University of Buffalo?

Can't games like this which maybe 2 posters care about be lumped together in one daily thread of games of interest (to a few)?

Just a suggestion.
Not bad questions to ask, I suppose.

I can't speak to "the goal," and I don't even know or care what Rebkell is. But the mods have been clear that no women's basketball teams, players, or stories — even if not UConn-specific — are off topic.

If the mods decide that only certain non-UConn games are deserving of separate-thread status, or that all non-UConn game discussions should be consolidated into a catch-all thread (as is done on VolNation, I've noticed), that'll certainly be their prerogative.

This particular mid-major game may fall short of your personal threshold of non-triviality, but it does involve a Sweet 16 team from last year against one of only three undefeated teams in this season.

My suggestion: As with any other thread, you're free to ignore it if it doesn't interest you.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My suggestion: As with any other thread, you're free to ignore it if it doesn't interest you.

It's not a question of choosing to read threads or not. It's a question of what this board has become, or what it looks like when logging on. Right now it's often wading through thread after thread on games involving other teams. (Ohio v Buffalo?) Rebkell addressed this issue by putting game threads on a separate forum where Shades can do his thing. Too bad there can't be a sub-forum so the main board is still recognizable to us old-time Boneyarders.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's not a question of choosing to read threads or not. It's a question of what this board has become, or what it looks like when logging on. Right now it's often wading through thread after thread on games involving other teams. (Ohio v Buffalo?) Rebkell addressed this issue by putting game threads on a separate forum where Shades can do his thing. Too bad there can't be a sub-forum so the main board is still recognizable to us old-time Boneyarders.
Well, sounds like a proposal for the mods to consider.

Reaction Score
It’s a great game if you’re into WCBB in general. Ohio is one of the last remaining undefeated teams. Buffalo is one of the top mid-majors with a decent WNBA prospect in Cierra Dillard. Some people are actually thankful when I put forth the effort to highlight games like this.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
We've got an upset alert in Spokane. Pacific has jumped all over Gonzaga. 25-14 at the end of Q1 and the refs are reviewing a long buzzer beater that could extend the lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Pacific came to play today. 25-14 lead after 1st quarter and refs are reviewing a buzzer beater that could extend the lead.

Plebe

Reaction Score
We've got an upset alert in Spokane. Pacific has jumped all over Gonzaga. 25-14 at the end of Q1 and the refs are reviewing a long buzzer beater that could extend the lead.
Ha, but don't dare start a separate thread for that game! :)

I really don't think Gonzaga will run the table in the WCC. Pacific, St. Mary's, BYU, and Loyola Marymount are not pushovers. If Maryland could lose at home to Rutgers, well...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Buffalo had about a 10-point lead for most of the first half but Ohio has really tightened the game up. Cut the deficit to 2 late in 3Q, and then on the final possession Dillard penetrated, appeared to either travel or get fouled, and then kicked out to a teammate for a 3 at the buzzer. The Ohio bench erupted because of the non-travel call. Legette-Jack erupted because of the non-foul call.

This one is heating up!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
GU is roaring back, now down 35-32. Sorry to hijack this thread.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Okay seriously, this game was boring in the first half but has totally heated up. Both teams trading buckets and the intensity is there. Ohio takes a one-point lead with about 6 minutes to go. Their win over Purdue was definitely not a fluke.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The MAC tourney might be a barn burner.... too bad the final is on CBSNN ... i think the other games might be available on ESPN3 or ESPN+

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ohio has an impressive player named Cece Hooks. She has 7 steals in this game and is leading her team with 19 points right now. Ohio has limited Dillard to 14 points and has taken a 3-point lead with about 2 minutes to play.

Ha, and just as I say that, Dillard gets a drive and kick for a 3-pointer from her teammate. Tied at 62 with 1:33 to play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ohio gets a hustle play and putback. Dillard hits 1 of 2 FTs after being fouled, and then Hooks answers with a creative floater in the lane. Ohio up by 3 with 26 seconds to play.

Reaction Score
Good game, eh? Clutch play on both sides down the stretch. 66-66 with 0:16 left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa. Hanna Hall hits a tough 3-pointer to tie the game with 14 seconds left. Ohio gets the final shot but misses a very contested jumper. Overtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom