OT: - Oh, no | The Boneyard

OT: Oh, no

Reaction Score
Watching the pre-game show and saw the first Wal-Mart Christmas advertisment. On November 3rd. I feel myself going into a deep state of depression knowing that this is just the beginning. Have I taken a wrong turn and driven into Stranger Things?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Watching the pre-game show and saw the first Wal-Mart Christmas advertisment. On November 3rd. I feel myself going into a deep state of depression knowing that this is just the beginning. Have I taken a wrong turn and driven into Stranger Things?
There are a bunch of Christmas movies on tonight, too. It’s just . . . wrong.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Steelerone, Christmas commercials on November 3 can only mean one thing. You’re about to enter the “twilight zone”. :eek:

Just kidding. Christmas commercials just means we are about to embark on the most wonderful time of the year. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Steelerone, Christmas commercials on November 3 can only mean one thing. You’re about to the “twilight zone”. :eek: Just kidding.
Christmas commercials just means we are about to embark on the most wonderful time of the year.
Carnac, I agree with you but if you give me a choice between the Chinese water torture and the constant, constant, constant Christmas commercials at least after an hour of drip, drip, drip I'd be I'd be a new person.

Reaction Score
I get sick thinking of all the xmas songs playing over and over...that is worse than chinese torture

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My friend, I remember years ago here in NYC one radio station decided to play all Christmas songs 24 hrs until Christmas. Starting the end of September!!! My job became a living hell. Don't tell me your problems. If you have cable the Hallmark Channel started their 24 hr Christmas film barrage the first of the month.

Reaction Score
My friend, I remember years ago here in NYC one radio station decided to play all Christmas songs 24 hrs until Christmas. Starting the end of September!!! My job became a living hell. Don't tell me your problems. If you have cable the Hallmark Channel started their 24 hr Christmas film barrage the first of the month.
Maybe I'll just start leaving my outside Christmas lights on all year. Hope you got a different job.:)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe I'll just start leaving my outside Christmas lights on all year. Hope you got a different job.:)
Yeah ultimately I did. It's called retirement with a pension, and it's the best job I ever had. By the way, there actually are people in this city that leave their lights on for at least half the year, and leave them in place the entire year.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Steelerone, Christmas commercials on November 3 can only mean one thing. You’re about to enter the “twilight zone”. :eek: Just kidding.
Christmas commercials just means we are about to embark on the most wonderful time of the year.
Bah, humbug! Christmas should never supersede Thanksgiving. Just a bunch of rampant hucksters lining their pockets and debasing the hoiliday spirit. :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
My wife and I have been watching Christmas themed movies for the past month. We love 'em. Ho ho ho. :D

Reaction Score
Shoprite's been playing christmas music since Friday, 11/01/19. Way too early!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hate to admit it, but I love the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel, guess I've become a softy since I have completely retired from the workforce. :D :D :D

I liked them in the beginning as well but the sheer number of these movies which all seem to be very similar in plot construction is too much. Very rare do they spit out an original idea (usually when they get a big name country singer)

Reaction Score
Yeah ultimately I did. It's called retirement with a pension, and it's the best job I ever had. By the way, there actually are people in this city that leave their lights on for at least half the year, and leave them in place the entire year.
LOL. A week after I retired my wife checked my blood pressure and it went down about twenty points. When you are working after awhile you forget sometimes how much pressure you might be experiencing.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I liked them in the beginning as well but the sheer number of these movies which all seem to be very similar in plot construction is too much. Very rare do they spit out an original idea (usually when they get a big name country singer)
Come on eebmg how many plots are there when it comes to Christmas?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
All I have to say about the early Christmas commercials and movies is..Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Shoprite's been playing christmas music since Friday, 11/01/19. Way too early!!

They're just trying to get you "in the mood". They're just trying to inject some Christmas spirit into you early, hoping you'll feel "generous" and benevolent once the holiday shopping season begins in earnest after Thanksgiving. They want you to spread some holiday cheer with gifts for all your friends and acquaintances.

Remember what retired Washington Redskins running back John Riggins once told U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor at a Washington area social function: "C'mon Sandy baby, loosen up". :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, after all these comment I have only one thing to say - I hope all of my friends on this great site not only have the happiest of holidays, but also the safest, and most wonderful time with their loved one, from this date on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom