Oh. My. What a finish to Arkansas-Kentucky. | The Boneyard

Oh. My. What a finish to Arkansas-Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Turn on SportsCenter immediately.

Reaction Score
they shouldn't have to take 20 minutes to look at this but its UK so they could take an hour

Reaction Score
TRest said:
Classic Cal looking for a technical for celebrating before the game is over. Not enough bad things can happen to that asshat.

Will be interesting to see if he says "I was just begging" in the press conference or if he stands by his complaint. Because the clock hit 0.0 and the horn blew, so the bench guys had no reason to think the game wasn't over. Would be different if the clock stopped with 0.2.

One of the greatest untold scandals in NBA history is that they let Game 7 of the 1988 finals end like this (skip ahead to 2:00 of video):

Reaction Score
Harrison got caught ball watching in the worst way. Most painful missed box out I've seen all year. Ouch!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if he says "I was just begging" in the press conference or if he stands by his complaint. Because the clock hit 0.0 and the horn blew, so the bench guys had no reason to think the game wasn't over. Would be different if the clock stopped with 0.2.

One of the greatest untold scandals in NBA history is that they let Game 7 of the 1988 finals end like this (skip ahead to 2:00 of video):

I was wondering if there was an automatic clock stoppage in the last seconds of the game to allow the ball to be inbounded, otherwise the game was effectively over. No one called time out that I could see.

Reaction Score
TRest said:
I was wondering if there was an automatic clock stoppage in the last seconds of the game to allow the ball to be inbounded, otherwise the game was effectively over. No one called time out that I could see.

The clock stopped on the made basket with 2 seconds left, as it is supposed to. And there were people all over the court - the Lakers bench was five feet out on the court taking away the sideline, cameramen were running out in front of the inbounder, etc. And the officials let it play out and then clearly blew the whistle with a second left, presumably for a foul on Magic for an open field tackle. Long shot that the Pistons make the first and get a put back on an intentional miss, but everyone just left and said Ok, that's it, go ahead and storm the court.

Reaction Score
Jeff BorzelloVerified account‏@jeffborzello
PICS: Aaron Harrison and an Arkansas fan exchange words after Tuesday night's game: http://cbsprt.co/1m6fN8P
harrisonarkfan1.jpeg

harrisonarkfan2.jpeg

Reaction Score
Classic Cal looking for a technical for celebrating before the game is over. Not enough bad things can happen to that asshat.

For cryin' out loud! hasn't he coached long enough and accomplished enough for you to at least have the courtesy of referring to him as "Mr. Asshat"? Is it really asking too much?! ;)

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT MEMPHIS!!!
husky_qa.jpg-300x200.jpeg

Reaction Score
That play reminded me of when Ray Allen dunked at the buzzer when he was in the playoffs with the Bucks. Probably around 1999-2000. Can anyone find that video online?

Reaction Score
So the rule is the clock stops the moment the ball goes through the rim? I thought it was weird to put more time on the clock considering time ran out before the ball even hit the floor. I've never seen refs check and put more time back for other, more traditional buzzer-beaters .

Reaction Score
Officially once the ball goes all the way through the net, it's a basket. Some of us may remember CV losing a dunk here because the ball hit him in the head before it passed all the way through the net. Usually, you don't get a dunk on a buzzer beater (the clock didn't stop on a made basket back in 1983, on the Lorenzo Charles one, so the clock ran out after the shot).

Reaction Score
That play reminded me of when Ray Allen dunked at the buzzer when he was in the playoffs with the Bucks. Probably around 1999-2000. Can anyone find that video online?

That wasn't quite a buzzer beater (3.5 seconds left). It was on Tracy McGrady:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer