Oh Guard! Here Guard! Guard? | The Boneyard

Oh Guard! Here Guard! Guard?

Reaction Score
Look for Mikayla to become very pesky on defense,thus earning many more minutes,and, after the accolades for her improvement on defense she will relax more and start to be a playa haya on offense as well.She will be that guard by tourney time.

Reaction Score
It doesn't sound as if Geno feels he needs another guard. More like, if there was one, he could find a way to use her. A 7 player rotation is plenty for a competitive game, and, yes, another guard would be great when UConn begins to stretch the score. I'm sure coaches of the other ~350 D-1 teams feel his pain.

Reaction Score
UConn Women's Basketball Looking To Fill Out Rotation

"[T]he only thing left would be [whether] we can we find another guard, maybe. But that remains to be seen, who that would be. No one has separated themselves. They've all been kind of up and then down. But we still have a long way to go.”

I don't know what Geno is looking for in the 3rd guard but he has been using Walker as a Sub for KIA--a guard--Walker does everything a guard should do plus rebounding and scoring under the boards.
I've said in OLDudes --3 guard post/thread--AEH has the potential, confidence, defense, and ball handling to be that 3rd, Glimpses of Coombs--says with PT she has the VISION, ability to see plays developing (thats more than just training), exceptional speed, ball handling--the only thing lacking is PT to develop confidences and the feel for teammates in a real game situation. Alexi has skills they are obvious---Geno recruited 4 potential winners this year--they need the masters (or Shea) tutelage in depth.

Reaction Score
It doesn't sound as if Geno feels he needs another guard. More like, if there was one, he could find a way to use her. A 7 player rotation is plenty for a competitive game, and, yes, another guard would be great when UConn begins to stretch the score. I'm sure coaches of the other ~350 D-1 teams feel his pain.

Geno played guard. Geno over they years has used 3 and 4 guards (when he had them) to speed thing ups --and "going small" disrupted the opponents. Guard are ball handlers, few turnovers. When some one like MSS st pressures every position--it's guards you want.
I don't want to shake Geno's beliefs but: he has his 3rd or 4th potential guard right now--all they need is integration into the team and PT with the "big guys". Geno has been less than gracious in his comments on these 4 Frosh--I believe the truth is this one of he better groups he has had.
I'm sure the coaches on the other 350 Div one teams are saying POOR GENO---all he get is the best of the best and make them better. Poor Geno --born with a golden basketball.

Reaction Score

I doubt that Geno is either shaken or stirred by a paucity of talent this year. After last season, he is Scrooge McDuck swimming in a pool of gold coins. More important than this year is finding a guard for next year in the (shudder) event that Z leaves the fold. Some have chided me for looking ahead, but we're all stuck with only 3 choices to talk about: the past, present, and future. BYers revel in all of the above.
A line about time from the very funny "The Disaster Movie": Famous Producer to Actor: "You'll never make it in a million years!" Actor: "And then what?" Indeed. If Z leaves, then what?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom