Oh, f--- us. Big Ten tourney at MSG in '18 | The Boneyard

Oh, f--- us. Big Ten tourney at MSG in '18

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
So the Big 10 will have a week off between their championship game and Selection Sunday? And then another 4-5 days before the first NCAA tournament game. I can't imagine the coaches will be happy with a 1.5 week layoff before the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
This is an indication that Virginia and UConn are B1G bound if I ever saw one. Maybe we can beat Michigan State in the championship game for old time sake.
I like that optimism. Doubt that's what this all about, but with all the bad mojo taking place lately, I'll blindly jump on that bandwagon and say, "h*ll yes! That's got to be it!" ;)

Reaction Score
Two possible interpretations:

1) Positive: The B1G is doubling down on their eastward move and will look to expand to solidify their footprint. Adding us is a natural means of doing so.

OR

2) Negative: The B1G feels secure enough in their eastward presence that no further expansion is necessary. We will never get an invite.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If the stated goal is to increase the B1G presence on the I-95 corridor and they covet MSG, there is no question that we are the best available school to further that goal.

Reaction Score
We are not getting a seat at the P5 table, why would either the B10 or ACC need us? B10 will fill MSG with their NYC alumni alone even if not one Rutgers affiliated person attended.

We have the worst football team in FBS.

Our defending national champ basketball team just lost to Yale at home.

Only and I mean only UConn can go from the highs of dual hoops NCs and the promise of football redemption to the tshow we are witnessing now.

Our only hopes are Notre Dame joining ACC for all sports or B12 expansion with an eye towards the NorthEast media markets.

Anyone that doesn't think that Cincinnati would get a B10 invite over us is delusional.

Reaction Score
So the Big 10 will have a week off between their championship game and Selection Sunday? And then another 4-5 days before the first NCAA tournament game. I can't imagine the coaches will be happy with a 1.5 week layoff before the NCAA tournament.
It's only basketball, who cares. It's not like they're inhibiting their chances of winning the cable box trophy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We are not getting a seat at the P5 table, why would either the B10 or ACC need us? B10 will fill MSG with their NYC alumni alone even if not one Rutgers affiliated person attended.

Only and I mean only UConn can go from the highs of dual hoops NCs and the promise of football redemption to the show we are witnessing now.

Our only hopes are Notre Dame joining ACC for all sports or B12 expansion with an eye towards the NorthEast media markets.

Anyone that doesn't think that Cincinnati would get a B10 invite over us is delusional.

I understand that self-hating is trending among UConn fans right now, but anyone who thinks that Cincinnati helps their presence on the I-95 corridor hasn't seen a road map.

Reaction Score

Only and I mean only UConn can go from the highs of dual hoops NCs and the promise of football redemption to the show we are witnessing now.

Ohio st. Will never allow Cincy in the Big 10, the way BCU would like to never allow us in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I understand that self-hating is trending among UConn fans right now, but anyone who thinks that Cincinnati helps their presence on the I-95 corridor hasn't seen a road map.

My point is they don't need any help.

Reaction Score
Why is this news F us?

We we're already before and still are.

Did people think the Big Ten was gonna add us to get MSG or something? Come on. Michigan played in Brooklyn last week and their alumni outnumbered Villanova. Big Ten never needed us to fill MSG.

Reaction Score

This post was really horrible even before reading the last sentence where you just completely took it over the top. How the duck_k would Cincy over UConn to the Big10 make any sense?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
You guys are not thinking clearly here. This is about money and television sets. Rutgers is not even going to deliver the state of New Jersey. Boston College has no fans even in Boston. So the television market that includes NYC and all of New England is very much in play. I doubt that this is lost on
television networks. The amount of fans that a league brings to the television sets to watch games mean real money. The way it is set up at this moment college sports could lose not only NYC but all of New England to pro sport forever as people in the Northeast just won't care about teams from the the Midwest no matter where they play. Are any of you planning on following the Big 10? Not likely.
Any of you going to follow the ACC? Same for the rest of New England and most of NYC.
This is a lot of money to leave on the table when all you have to do is invite CT and now you have a solid fan base in NYC, southern Mass, Eastern NY and large parts of Rhode Island.
I think CT will get a Big Ten invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger