Oh Canada | The Boneyard

Oh Canada

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Someone in a thread was asking about Kis singing her national anthem, so from Courant:

Oh Canada.jpg

Post-game she emphasized what a thrill it was to blast it out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is there no footage available of Kia's anthem performance?

Fun fact: My high school's fight song was set to the tune of the Canadian national anthem.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Is there no footage available of Kia's anthem performance?

Fun fact: My high school's fight song was set to the tune of the Canadian national anthem.
Mine was set to the Notre Dame fight song. Ugh. It's a great fight song, without question. But every time I hear it in a Notre Dame game I wince.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mine was set to the Notre Dame fight song. Ugh. It's a great fight song, without question. But every time I hear it in a Notre Dame game I wince.
Oh gee. I'm sorry to hear that.

I should correct myself. The "O Canada" melody was for my school's "alma mater"; the fight song was something else.

Reaction Score
too easy. should have added to "all thy sons": "all thy moons"
After all, Canada kinda moons the U.S.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The bilingual performance of O Canada that was sung before Montreal Canadians games in the '70's was a classic. Singer was Roget Doucet.

Reaction Score
It's going to be a shame if she doesn't have a career in broadcasting some day.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Having had season tickets to the Hartford Whalers for many years, I heard the Canadian anthem many times. The best renditions of both anthems was by a guy named Tony Harrington who had a terrific voice and didn't attempt to jazz up the songs, he simply sang them. He was extremely popular.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Having had season tickets to the Hartford Whalers for many years, I heard the Canadian anthem many times. The best renditions of both anthems was by a guy named Tony Harrington who had a terrific voice and didn't attempt to jazz up the songs, he simply sang them. He was extremely popular.

He did pretty good with this one too:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I can't believe how clueless I was when I was young (no this is not an invitation for smart alec remarks)

I knew my high school song and sang it for years. Then sometime late in high school I happen to be watching Notre Dame game and heard their school song. My first reaction was that I couldn't believe they stole our song then it hit me.

Yeah, I wince as well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How many people noticed that the US national anthem was sung incorrectly in Toronto? I noticed one error, but Danny said there were others.

Reaction Score
When I was teaching in East Lyme, CT, and I had money, I would save up all year and in the summer tour MLB Ballparks!
Pick an area like TX or West Coast, or SoEast, and either drive to closer stadiums or fly to far ones.
When I went to Canada for Toronto Blue Jays and then Montreal Expos I was amazed at how patriotic the Canadians are!
When their National Anthem is played everyone is blasting away as loud and proud as they could!
It gave me chills, how patriotic Canadians are!
In the USA some people are walking around, hats on, not singing! A lot of Americans don't realize how fantastic we have it here!

Reaction Score
When I was teaching in East Lyme, CT, and I had money, I would save up all year and in the summer tour MLB Ballparks!
Pick an area like TX or West Coast, or SoEast, and either drive to closer stadiums or fly to far ones.
When I went to Canada for Toronto Blue Jays and then Montreal Expos I was amazed at how patriotic the Canadians are!
When their National Anthem is played everyone is blasting away as loud and proud as they could!
It gave me chills, how patriotic Canadians are!
In the USA some people are walking around, hats on, not singing! A lot of Americans don't realize how fantastic we have it here!
Isn’t teaching and money an oxymoron?

Reaction Score
Someone in a thread was asking about Kis singing her national anthem, so from Courant:

View attachment 27153

Post-game she emphasized what a thrill it was to blast it out.[/QUOT

Who in this wide world would not expect Kia to know and sing gustily---O'Canada
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

Read more: The National Anthem Of Canada - O Canada Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Reaction Score

Don't think Kia was actually out front and center singing the Canadian National Anthem at the Duquesne game but there was this a few years ago....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom