Officiating in the AAC | The Boneyard

Officiating in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
An interesting take by Mick Cronin. I never considered how a change in conferences could lead to a change in officiating. I wonder what the impact will be.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-men/t...aac-officiating-with-cincinnatis-mick-cronin/

“I think the more interesting thing will be the officiating. We’re now part of the [Men’s Basketball Officiating Consortum] headed up by Curtis Shaw, where as John Cahill took over the [“new” ] Big East. So for the teams, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, Connecticut, Rutgers, you wonder, ‘How are the games going to officiated?’ Within league play, there’s definitely a difference. That’s the unknown more so. You can scout your opponent, but what is unknown is going to be how some of the games are going to be called. I learned when I got into the Big East, I was building a program and. I learned real quick, it’s a blood bath. You better get tough enough before you even think of getting skilled enough. You better not get run over first, that’s the first step to victory. In this league, maybe it won’t be quite as crazy.”

Reaction Score
Since I know the rules pretty well( from my high school coaching days) I have been concerned about this since the breakup. The quality of refs in parts other than the BE and ACC is not good. Never liked our trips to Marq or Dep where we sometimes saw poor officiating. Additionally Curtis Shaw has had his "issues" with JC and the Huskies. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Someone new to spit on? I hope UCONN haters never go away- it would mean we are no longer relevant.

Reaction Score
Since I know the rules pretty well( from my high school coaching days) I have been concerned about this since the breakup. The quality of refs in parts other than the BE and ACC is not good. Never liked our trips to Marq or Dep where we sometimes saw poor officiating. Additionally Curtis Shaw has had his "issues" with JC and the Huskies. We shall see.

Is he the one that did last year's Marquette game. If someone answers yes, I'm going to vomit.

Reaction Score
at least for this year UConn is gonna be a "finesse" team on offense with guards who can penetrate and draw fouls(Omar got really good at this as this year went along once he started pumpfaking at the 3 point line), if the refs don't allow teams to play rockball like they did in the BE this should benefit UConn.

Reaction Score
Is he the one that did last year's Marquette game. If someone answers yes, I'm going to vomit.
No, thank goodness. The three refs were Mike Stuart, Karl Hess, and Michael Stephen. Link

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There will be fewer sarcastic-clapping technicals in the AAC, compared to the Big East. That would be my guess.

Reaction Score
Does this conference allow blind refs like the Big East did?

Reaction Score
Of the 3 mentioned Hess and Stephen are pretty good. Stuart is highly regarded,worked the last 2 FFs I think. Don't care for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom