Officials Uconn vs Memphis | The Boneyard

Officials Uconn vs Memphis

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Not sure if it was mentioned but I wanted to acknowledge the officials on doing a really good job in this game.

Watching replay the game flowed well, seemed to be a good balance between letting them play and limiting the roughness, credit to both teams on sportsmanship...

Did anyone catch the names?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not sure if it was mentioned but I wanted to acknowledge the officials on doing a really good job in this game.

Watching replay the game flowed well, seemed to be a good balance between letting them play and limiting the roughness, credit to both teams on sportsmanship...

As opposed to the UCLA game where CD was constantly on the edge of losing her mind.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

I didn't catch the names and I'm not sure anyone threw them, though they probably did at the start of the game.

But I appreciate your post. I guess that fact that I didn't notice the officiating is a sign that they did a pretty good job.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Best called UConn game so far this year, the only miss call that I could see during the game was when CD got knocked down during her 3 pointer in the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
Best called UConn game so far this year, the only miss call that I could see during the game was when CD got knocked down during her 3 pointer in the 3rd quarter.
Yeah, that one was tough to miss...I'll even give them a pass on that one since they called a heck of a game otherwise.

Reaction Score

Happened right in front of me. CD actually had already come down from shot & the defender had turned toward hoop & was boxing her out; could have been a foul but also was one of those play on type of things. CD was pretty light footed at time; contact looked worse than it was. It actually was pretty cool to see someone trying to box out 19' from hoop....kind of play we would have loved if roles were reversed. There no complaints by coaching staff on the non-call.

Reaction Score
The only nit I would pick are the traveling calls. There were a couple that I am not sure were travels. (Through I don't have a great eye for it) Then they missed Kia taking 3 giant steps to the basket!

Reaction Score
The only nit I would pick are the traveling calls. There were a couple that I am not sure were travels. (Through I don't have a great eye for it) Then they missed Kia taking 3 giant steps to the basket!

Traveling in basketball is like a catch in the NFL..............

Reaction Score
Thanks Rogue and those who have contributed to this thread. It is refreshing and pleasant to have a positive conversation about referees. I agree with Gus, I cannot recall a single question of a referee while watching the entire game. That, in my mind scores them at an A- from the get-go. It sounds like some of you more qualified analysts might even upgrade them to an A, especially if marking them"on a curve" (my wife was a school teacher).

Kudos to Angela, Shannon and Krystle! Let's hope we can call out their names, and some others in this vein in the future.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

And Pheese taking 4 steps under it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom