Officially a “Top 5” Matchup | The Boneyard

Officially a “Top 5” Matchup

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn is +1 (#5) in the polls, making tonight’s matchup against Texas, #3, the first Top 5 matchup of the year.

Our new top 5 ranking is nothing to get excited about. Texas players say that playing UConn "is just another game." Playing a top 5 ranked team is just another game?!? :eek: We'll see. They'd better win, cause if they don't, it would suggest they all took UConn too lightly, and did not give them the respect a team ranked #5 in the country deserves.

UConn is the highest ranked team on their schedule this year. If I were a UConn player, I would be offended. Those statements by the Texas players are bulletin board material. :mad: I wonder if they would see a game with South Carolina or #2 Stanford as just another game?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Also, there are now three (3) ranked teams in the Big East:

UConn at #5 (+1),
Creighton at #20 (+1),
Villanova at #24 (unranked).
I believe that by the end of this weekend the Big East could have at least 4 teams in the Top 25. Texas could end up losing to not only UConn this week, but they play @Marquette on the 19th. Marquette is shooting over 35% from behind the 3 pt line, something that Texas hasn't had much success with so far this year. I think what it would be kind of ironic for Texas to lose back to back games to two Big East teams, considering how the pollsters and the hacks at ESPN seem to disrespect Non-Power 5 teams.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Tennessee loses to now-8th-ranked tOSU and drops six spots. Iowa needs OT to defeat Drake (received two votes after that game, none the first week) and holds steady. Makes no sense to me. Iowa has yet to show me that renewed emphasis on defense that Coach Bluder had talked about. Drake, not a tall team, out-rebounded them.

Reaction Score
Not according to this that I just saw this on the yahoo sports ncaaw page :p

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 2.38.56 PM.png

Reaction Score
I wouldn't look into what the Texas ladies are saying at all. This is sports and the usual gamesmanship you see between teams. Do you really think they are going to go out and say "Oh, we are overranked. UCONN will kick our butts" or "This team scares me"?

Come on now.

Reaction Score
I watched Texas play Louisiana and they did not look good at all. They scored 68 points and 29 came from the free throw line. We don't foul. They had 27 fouls of their own and 25 turnovers. With their height advantage they only out rebounded Louisiana by 10. It will be a blow-out. GO HUSKIES!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tennessee loses to now-8th-ranked tOSU and drops six spots. Iowa needs OT to defeat Drake (received two votes after that game, none the first week) and holds steady. Makes no sense to me. Iowa has yet to show me that renewed emphasis on defense that Coach Bluder had talked about. Drake, not a tall team, out-rebounded them.
Bigboote, THAT is exactly why preseason rankings are meaningless!!! It just give fans something to talk about. Two weeks into the season, ON ONE remembers or cares who was ranked where in those polls. Water seeks its own level. By their 10th game, teams will settle into their proper place in the national standings. You are what your record says you are ~ Bill Parcells. :cool:

Reaction Score

Someone obviously made a boo-boo by not checking their work because it clearly says AP Top 25 poll after week 1.

Reaction Score
I can't believe so many people are saying Texas has no shot. What will people think if they win?
They'll say, "Oh, well. On to the next game."

I can't believe so many people are afraid to express their optimism about this team. What's it going to hurt if we're wrong? Srsly?

Reaction Score
The Tenn-IU game looks to be a good one. Wish I could watch it. Apparently Horston isn't starting.

Reaction Score
Horston out with injury
That's too bad. I mean, Horston is a great player and I hate to see her miss games. Also, since I think IU is probably going to win this no matter what, the ESPN clowns may look for an excuse to not give them full credit for their win because of Horston's injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom