Official Well Done Refs Thread | The Boneyard

Official Well Done Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know there were a lot of conspiracy theorists out there, saying that the refs were going to make sure UH won for the good of the conference. They were vocal in my section after that early hold. But these refs threw a killer flags for both sides. They got the target right. Then I heard they were a man down. Good, professional job.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every call that went to replay was decided correctly.

Almost, they had that late reversal on that 4th down catch. But they had the reversal right.

Reaction Score
I don't think the touchdown that was thrown on Williams should have been confirmed. It appeared he was down prior to reaching across the pylon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Almost, they had that late reversal on that 4th down catch. But they had the reversal right.

Yeah. My point was if they got the call on the field wrong, replay got it right. I was gonna lose my mind if they didn't overturn that 4th down catch call.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Refs did a good job tonight. That cheap shot guy was ejected and the replays were spot on. I was worried Houston was going to get some calls tonight too but they called it fair and the right way.

Reaction Score
We all were thinking the same thing on that 4th down call. Is the AAC replay guy going to try and preserve the unbeaten conference team's chances? It was called a catch on the field. It would have been plausible for him to sneak in a "no indisputable evidence to overturn". Who besides us would even have cared? There could even have been a post-game league office apology already written in advance. But he didn't and there wasn't. That was an affirming moment.

Reaction Score
We all were thinking the same thing on that 4th down call. Is the AAC replay guy going to try and preserve the unbeaten conference team's chances? It was called a catch on the field. It would have been plausible for him to sneak in a "no indisputable evidence to overturn". Who besides us would even have cared? There could even have been a post-game league office apology already written in advance. But he didn't and there wasn't. That was an affirming moment.

Unfortunately, it should be an affirming moment as to refs not being be told who should win by a league office anywhere, but it won't be for more than this one game. IF REFS WERE TOLD TO FAVOR A TEAM, THERE WOULD BE BIG MONEY IN THEM TELLING THE STORY WHEN THEY RETIR AND THEREFOR WE WOULD HEAR ABOUT IT.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I know the NFL has robbed the Patriots a few times, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom