Official UCONN vs Navy prediction thread | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs Navy prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Army was great prep for the Midshipmen and Navy finds it is facing the best defense it has seen so far. Shirrefs gets what he wants in the passing game and Max and Arkeel split 30 carries and 100 yards. We do not miss an extra point.

Dogs 24-17.

Reaction Score
Navy is very efficient.
Against ECU- Navy ran off 82 plays, (77 runs for 415 yds on the ground).
- ECU could not stop the option (their senior QB (keenan Reynolds) ran for 5 tds and 140 yds.)
- Navy controlled clock & time of position. Controlled the line scrimmage.
- ECU threw for 370 yards and could not score despite decent field position.

Our front 7 against a very good Navy OL.

Will be close game. BS throws for 350 yards.
Huskies 23- Navy 21.

Reaction Score
I think the first 3 games were great prep for Navy. Vill- disciplined team with veteran coach, Army - triple option, Mizzou - playing against size and speed on O.

Team should see a lot that translates well when watching Navy film.

Still Navy will score. If we don't give the freebies we will be ok.

Shirrefs and new playbook experience (minus the fakes) and use to a bit more speed we get some nice sustained drives. Kicking team and punt coverage have things to work on the week, but should be better there.

We win 27-17.

Reaction Score
Interesting to see how we respond after that great performance against Mizzou. I think Diaco has the boys well prepared. The team will feel sour after barely missing out on the upset last Saturday. I think we make a statement this week and introduce ourselves as a real threat to win this conference against one of the better teams in the AAC.

UConn 27
Navy 21

Reaction Score
Navy looks strong after 2 games. Good news that we've seen the triple option and handled it well against Army, but Navy is much better. They will inevitably get their yardage and score some points, but if the D plays like it did the 1st 3 games, we win this. UConn must sustain drives and convert 3rd downs.

We came so close last Saturday to pulling off a huge upset. That alone should be the benchmark for this team that they can line up and play with anyone left on their schedule.

UConn in a close one, 23-20

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2-1 and with no predictions from me this season. Sure we had our first loss but we had a decent chance to win against a ranked SEC team right up to the final gun. Thus...

duct-tape-mouth.jpg

Reaction Score
27 - 24 us. As someone posted earlier, we will get yet another PAT blocked, and Navy will miss a game tying long FG attempt at the end.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't glean much about Navy from the ECU game. The Pirates were gashed by the option all game, and virtually off the ECU's offensive skills positions have new starting personnel. ECU played much better vs. a traditional offense in Florida, only losing by 7, but we all know they aren't Meyer's Gators either.

From the box score, ECU seemed to play like UConn '14 vs. Army. To that end, UConn has an advantage over ECU this year because they've already seen an option heavy offense. Navy punted once and that was still after a 9 play "drive." ECU just couldn't get them off the field. Only 3 times did Navy have a drive with less than 9 plays. 1 was right before the half, and the other two were after ECU turnovers where they had a short field resulting in scores. I can certainly see Navy going for it on 4th and short. The defensive keys this week is just as it was two weeks ago. 1) Penetration up the middle, 2) stay home & set the edge, 3) finish tackles, and 4) Set up 3rd and not short and get off the field.

Navy doesn't look super stout on defense, although they held ECU on 4th down twice. Colgate (FCS) ran up almost 200 yards rushing and ECU piled up over 300 yards through the air. As expected for a service academy, Navy is well disciplined. You won't force them into making a lot of mistakes. They've only committed 9 penalties over two games. UConn committed only 9 in their 1st two games as well, but committed 8 on Saturday.

That said, if UConn can hold Navy to the low 20's or lower, I'd say they have a great shot at winning.

I'll go with UConn 26 - Navy 19.

Reaction Score
It was a tough loss for UConn, but they've got to be feeling fairly good as to how they played on the road and against a ranked opponent.

Everyone must have an idea how badly the team historically performs on the road?

This loss may have actually energized them....as long as they don't look too far ahead to a post season game.

UConn has a slight edge over ECU experience, it won't be their first time vs. a triple option read.....actually 3rd time in less than a year.

Go UConn....be confident.....but not overconfident.

It will be a nail biter for fans, and a down to the wire game .

UConn wins, but I'll probably chomp down my fingers to the knuckles.

Reaction Score
Honestly think Navy is a better team than Mizzou. Going to be incredibly difficult but I think home crowd gives us the edge.

27-24 Huskies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the game slows down a lot for the offensive players, especially Shirreffs.

27-17 UConn.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
No doubt the place will be LOUD and we'll make it extra difficult for Navy when they have the ball. UConn cleans up the kicking game, and we win:

UConn 21
Navy 20

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
My 2 - 0 prediction last week wasn't too far off :) This week I'm with those who say UConn needs 27 to win. I'll go 27-20 with us blocking a navy extra point, just because.

Reaction Score
Army was great prep for the Midshipmen and Navy finds it is facing the best defense it has seen so far. Shirrefs gets what he wants in the passing game and Max and Arkeel split 30 carries and 100 yards. We do not miss an extra point.

Dogs 24-17.

You had me fooled until you had us making all our extra points.
Then I knew you were just toying with us.

Reaction Score
24-14 UConn....we give up thst 2nd TD lste in the 4th quarter to Navy. Our defense excels once gain, even gets a scoop and score on s fumble recovery for a TD. Our OL, although still a work in progress, wears down Navy's undersized front 4. Because of it, we control Time of Possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom