Official UCONN vs BYU prediction thread | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs BYU prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Redemption and some revenges. Arkeel's coming out party with over 200 yards of total offense.

Defense is solid and Huskies win the turnover battle 3-1.

24-20 Huskies!

Reaction Score
28-14 UCONN with a pick 6 and 3 offensive td's doing the scoring

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think this game is a better gauge of where we are than the Navy game. BYU has played some big named programs with mixed results. I'm concerned about the defense; they were worn out at times by Navy and I think BYU is at an altitude of 4,000 feet.

If we get a break or two and we don't make mistakes, the game is winnable. But when was the last time that happened? BYU 27, UConn 17.

That's better than last year.

Reaction Score
My brother and I headed a group of 20 season tickets from the last 3 years at Memorial stadium and for all seasons at The Rent. He unfortunately passed away a little over 5 years ago at the too young age of 48. He loved UConn sports. We have a fundraising event each fall. We donate $ in his name for scholarships and to local Bristol charities . This years event will be this Friday evening, at St. JOE'S CLUB IN Forestville. It usually ends around 10, just in time to watch the BYU game.
The last game we were together for, was the snow game at The Rent when Teggart hits game winning field goal. So in his honor I predict, Puyol hits a game winning field goal for a UConn . Not going to predict a score, just a 3 point victory.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm feeling like we are going to shock some people with this win on the road. I know the conventional wisdom is, "BYU just got smoked in the Big House 31-0, so they'll be mad." My feeling is, "BYU just got smoked 31-0 in the Big House, so they are feeling pretty crappy about themselves."

UConn 28 - BYU 24

Reaction Score
Frosh QB had a horrible game for BYU vs Mich. Here's hoping his confidence is damaged and he starts to question his ability.

Though I think the spread is BYU -17 1/2, I think it's a toss up. Then again...UConn vs the spread is Win, Loss, Win, Loss so they not only will beat the spread they win 24-23.

Reaction Score
I don't think we'll have enough firepower to get the W. 31-17 BYU

Reaction Score
I think it plays out closer to Mizzou than Navy and hope we make enough plays. They're much more susceptible to turnovers than Navy. Hopefully we can make it happen. Judging by the UM game those other wins feel flukey. Two wins on hail marys? That was even a great Michigan team that crushed them...

UCONN 28 BYU 21. Hopefully no one has their career end on a dirty hit or get punched in the groin.

Reaction Score
I'm not convinced our coaches have figured out how to get the best use of our personnel. Seems we still don't come back to things that have worked, forget certain players, get in a funk playcalling wise too often, and end up putting too much on the QB's shoulders to bail us out at the end. Add to that the kicking game and the OL and we are likely 10 point dogs in the real world on the road.

Hate to say it but 27-17 Cougars. It's a process and we're not there yet.

Reaction Score
UConn 24 BYU 21... close enough so we are ready for our AAC conference (I think we are 1-1 in the AAC). Time to win...

Reaction Score
BYU 34-14, and it will not feel like it was even that close.

Reaction Score
The good news is no more triple option for the rest of the regular season. Also, BYU is #102 in total offense and #85 in total defense. Not so imposing, right? Well, BYU lost its last two games, its schedule to date is tougher than ours and we are traveling a long way from home. I hate to pick against the Huskies, but short of Diaco/Verducci really opening up the offense, 27-17 Cougars is my guess.

Reaction Score
Well, at the risk of making an understatement - last week was just brutal for us. I mean, sometimes not only do the wheels come off the train - sometimes the entire train explodes instantaneously, and the only thing left are little chunks of rail found miles away from what is now the 'uninhabitable zone' - that was pretty much the take away from the UM game... So, yeah - we're hoping things go a bit better for us this week.

Although Tanner is in his first year - he showed promise against Boise State, and looked dare I say, 'in control' against UCLA. What happened last week makes me hope he just forgets about that game and continues to make progression.

There is a part of me that thinks the team is really tired from traveling so much - I'm hoping sleeping in their own beds this week helps.
Not really sure how the team will respond. We're depleted at running back. Our D has actually been a bit better than I expected but has also been totally gashed on the ground. This early in the season, I have seen BYU both bad and good - so it's hard for me to feel confident in predicting any score.

Reaction Score
I realize we aren't Michigan and don't have the skill that they have at every position, but we need to do exactly what they did to BYU last week. Run it down their throats on offense, don't let Mangum get comfortable and be physical with their receivers. I think RonJon and Newsome turn in to DBrown and Dixon and carry us to victory. 21-17 Huskies.

Reaction Score
I think we have a shot in every game.

UConn 20 BYU 17

Reaction Score
Last year I went to visit my girlfriend's family, escaped to another room and watched UConn/UCF a game in which I thought we had no chance to win. Coincidentally, making the trip again this weekend...so feeling another big win.

UConn 27 BYU 23

Reaction Score
I don't see how we beat them. We were not able to stuff the ball down the throat of Nova or Navy running the ball, I don't see how we do it on Friday. Likewise, I think you have to put pressure on their QB to stop them, and I'm still not sure we can generate much more of a pass rush than we did last year against an offense of this quality.

I think this is a very tough match up -- much more so than MIzzou. Hope I'm wrong, but I just want to see us put in a good effort and get ready for the two upcoming winnable games.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
2-2 with me not making predictions. We did okay against Navy, certainly better than last year, so it's too soon give up my self imposed ban...
silence-is-golden.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't see how we beat them. We were not able to stuff the ball down the throat of Nova or Navy running the ball, I don't see how we do it on Friday. Likewise, I think you have to put pressure on their QB to stop them, and I'm still not sure we can generate much more of a pass rush than we did last year against an offense of this quality.

I think this is a very tough match up -- much more so than MIzzou. Hope I'm wrong, but I just want to see us put in a good effort and get ready for the two upcoming winnable games.

Biz, this is not a thread for rational analysis. Get on your keyboard and pick a score with UCONN on tops. C'mon man, just do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Uconn 20, BYU 16. We make em settle for FGs rather than TDS in this one.

Reaction Score
Interesting schedule BYU has. Their next 4 games are at home, and the first three are against AAC teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom