Official practice for the UConn women began yesterday. | The Boneyard

Official practice for the UConn women began yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There will be some bumps in the road most likely, but this is a proud group trying to make its own identity in the post-Big 3 era. I think it will be a fun season. Last year, Stewie and Moriah, in particular, were about as good as it gets. This younger group will not be at that level, but they will be improving as we watch. What is their ceiling, individually and collectively?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I never saw anything about them doing the Marine workout thing. Anybody know if they did it again?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
There will be some bumps in the road most likely, but this is a proud group trying to make its own identity in the post-Big 3 era. I think it will be a fun season. Last year, Stewie and Moriah, in particular, were about as good as it gets. This younger group will not be at that level, but they will be improving as we watch. What is their ceiling, individually and collectively?
Collectively I think their ceiling is the national semi-finals. If they can get placed into the East Region, they'll be playing again at Webster Bank Arena (so I understand). Assuming good health, you're not going to want to play UConn in March at Webster Bank.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Individually, I expect Lou and Pheese to emerge as stars. Kia will be the ringleader and near All-American. Gabbi will be Wonder Woman. Chrystal will be the most mature freshman (on the court) we've seen in a while.

I will be rooting hard for Saniya and Natalie. They could be the difference between a very good team and one that can hurt some people.

And I can't wait to see The Unbreakable One, Molly Bent.

Reaction Score
Collectively I think their ceiling is the national semi-finals. If they can get placed into the East Region, they'll be playing again at Webster Bank Arena (so I understand). Assuming good health, you're not going to want to play UConn in March at Webster Bank.
Always respect your opinion, Gus. But as the composer of the Resurrection Symphony, you know anything's possible. I don't have a ceiling for this crew. I wouldn't be surprised if they get stopped in the Elite Eight or if they cut down the nets for the 12th time. This is a team that will be forged by some very tough early games and then find its pace during the easier conference schedule. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Always respect your opinion, Gus. But as the composer of the Resurrection Symphony, you know anything's possible. I don't have a ceiling for this crew. I wouldn't be surprised if they get stopped in the Elite Eight or if they cut down the nets for the 12th time. This is a team that will be forged by some very tough early games and then find its pace during the easier conference schedule. After that, it's anyone's guess.
Yes, you're right: Anything's possible. I'm just trying to respect probabilities and the shortage of post defense. But whatever happens, I think this will be one of the more likeable groups we'll ever see.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Individually, I expect Lou and Pheese to emerge as stars. Kia will be the ringleader and near All-American. Gabbi will be Wonder Woman. Chrystal will be the most mature freshman (on the court) we've seen in a while.

I will be rooting hard for Saniya and Natalie. They could be the difference between a very good team and one that can hurt some people.

And I can't wait to see The Unbreakable One, Molly Bent.
Dang, I spelled Crystal wrong. Hopefully for the last time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be surprised and disappointed if we cannot win 2 games in Bridgeport to advance to the Final Four. If we play lousy, there may be 5-10 teams who can beat us. If we play well, I think there are only 2 or so.

Reaction Score
I'll be surprised and disappointed if we cannot win 2 games in Bridgeport to advance to the Final Four. If we play lousy, there may be 5-10 teams who can beat us. If we play well, I think there are only 2 or so.

That's extremely optimistic in my opinion.

Reaction Score
No one else reported this. It's mentioned in an article that JavaMan posted by Paul Doyle. I thought practice was to begin this Saturday.

"That began with the first official practice Wednesday. On Friday, though, fans will get a glimpse of the new faces at the annual First Night at Gampel Pavilion".

UConn Women's Insider: Replacing Big 3 Will Be Tough, But Geno Still Well-Stocked
The article could have been written by many on the Boney ard an said the same words/ same analysis of those players remaining with the departure of the Golden 3. He too thinks Dangerfield will get PT sooner than later. Big on KLS/Collier/Gabby/hopeful on Butler..

Reaction Score
No offense Gus------The Ceiling for this team--is the NC--IF Healthy and the Talent Gels--(with a loss or 3) I think the Final 4 is realistic--Uconn is Talented--but not experienced, experience will be there in March.

Reaction Score
That's extremely optimistic in my opinion.
Ademec--said it better than I---read what he says about the talent of the remaining lettered players and the 3 Freshmen---Gelling will be the key/chemistry--Chong and Butler are high level talent that missed some time--. Geno has often won NC;s after losing a few during the season. Optimistic is thinking Uconn can win it all without KLS or Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom