Official: new uniforms | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official: new uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL. If you're Nike, why bother producing that? Fans are better off going to DH Gate.
Nike would rather make better looking jerseys for Kentucky and Duke than fulfill the need for all college gear

Reaction Score
I think the striping on the side was cut off from the pictures, but The lettering and number size doesn’t seem proportioned the same way as the instagram official pics. Hopefully an authentic version is released...
It does have the striping on the sides, picture was too big to post with that included. It's definitely not an exact match, hoping the white ones sold through UConn are closer

Reaction Score
LOL. If you're Nike, why bother producing that? Fans are better off going to DH Gate.
Do not buy any UConn gear on DH gate. They are horrible.

However, if you are looking for NFL jerseys its not a bad place to get something close to the real ones.

Reaction Score
It does have the striping on the sides, picture was too big to post with that included. It's definitely not an exact match, hoping the white ones sold through UConn are closer
From the responses on Twitter it sounds like they will be similar to the blue one.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
yeah not to discourage @navery12 but I'm not too thrilled with the quality of that jersey, esp for a decent chunk of dough. It's on Nike, obviously. That's a chinsy quality, from the looks of it. But it is true to look of the new jersey.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Do not buy any UConn gear on DH gate. They are horrible.

However, if you are looking for NFL jerseys its not a bad place to get something close to the real ones.

I've bought a few different jerseys, a couple baseball but mostly football ... and they all are a great option to spending 300. I'm surprised they'd be worse at basketball.

Reaction Score
I've bought a few different jerseys, a couple baseball but mostly football ... and they all are a great option to spending 300. I'm surprised they'd be worse at basketball.
I use DHGate all the time for jerseys but for some reason they don't have the right design for the UConn jerseys. The lettering isn't right. And the style is the 2010-2011 one.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
great points all around, it’s only colors. if chelsea can rock yellow, uconn can rock red. it’s still the same team. their team name is the blues

View attachment 60274

The 2 dumbest things about soccer in one post. Well done!
1) 3rd jerseys with colors that aren't even close to correct
2) Are they playing for Yokohama or Chelsea? I can't tell...

Reaction Score
yeah not to discourage @navery12 but I'm not too thrilled with the quality of that jersey, esp for a decent chunk of dough. It's on Nike, obviously. That's a chinsy quality, from the looks of it. But it is true to look of the new jersey.
The quality of the jersey is actually really good outside of having screen printed numbers. Also the only UConn jersey I own so not sure if it's worse than previous years

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
There's a bit of gear on eBay. I was looking for some shorts and although most new items are fairly expensive, if you aren't skeeved out by someone else's schwetty balls, there are some decent items that are "like new" or pre-owned.

I picked up a pair of 2007 blue shorts for $30. I wear XL for pretty much everything, but holy cow these things are huge!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's a bit of gear on eBay. I was looking for some shorts and although most new items are fairly expensive, if you aren't skeeved out by someone else's schwetty balls, there are some decent items that are "like new" or pre-owned.

I picked up a pair of 2007 blue shorts for $30. I wear XL for pretty much everything, but holy cow these things are huge!
Shorts were monstrous in 2007.

Reaction Score
Shorts were monstrous in 2007.

I had a pair from that era, I believe they were 27-29" long, several inches below the knee and wide as hell.

What are the odds they sell authentics too?

I'd say pretty slim, Nike releases authentics for a handful of teams these days. Maybe Nike will throw us a bone now that we're back in the Big East. Wild how the market disappeared; a decade ago Nike sold 80-100 authentic NCAA shorts and plenty of authentic jerseys each winter.

Reaction Score
I'd say pretty slim, Nike releases authentics for a handful of teams these days. Maybe Nike will throw us a bone now that we're back in the Big East. Wild how the market disappeared; a decade ago Nike sold 80-100 authentic NCAA shorts and plenty of authentic jerseys each winter.
Nike legit only does like the big name schools which is stupid. I see Kentucky, Duke, Texas, Ohio State, UNC, even Marquette has some legit looking jerseys.

Reaction Score
Mine is in the mail. Need to embroider big east logo.

I am very happy with it!

4AD6E116-72D9-4B6F-9040-F3CCDC855BA7.jpeg

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
1603921538095.png

1603921251596.png

It's okay but compare it to the game unis. The lettering and the number size is off. Obviously need the flag patch and the embroider BE. Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking about getting one but I feel like Nike didn't really try all that hard to get right.

Reaction Score
View attachment 60393
View attachment 60392

It's okay but compare it to the game unis. The lettering and the number size is off. Obviously need the flag patch and the embroider BE. Don't get me wrong, I'm thinking about getting one but I feel like Nike didn't really try all that hard to get right.

yeah I think it’s because the in game uniforms are fitted to the body. These are replicas and are meant to be airy and go over a t-shirt. Overall the quality isn’t bad but I do prefer the older replicas with the stitched in letters and numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom