Official Frozen Pizzas Are Gone And Have To Make Pizza From Scratch (Without Using Homemade Dough) Thread | The Boneyard

Official Frozen Pizzas Are Gone And Have To Make Pizza From Scratch (Without Using Homemade Dough) Thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, it appears some places are getting light on frozen pizzas and next step is Food Network "Chopped" style gotta use what I have pizza making.

First off, asiago bagels make a great base. Big fan of Classico Spinach Parmesan sauce. Add some good asiago/Romano/parmesan cheese and a high quality pepperoni and you get a good home made pizza bagel.

Ciabatta bread also makes a good crusty base when toasted.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dough is supper easy to make though.....

For the record my super lazy ass teenage son does know how to make and knead home made dough and it's pretty good. Also does great with made from scratch chocolate chip cookies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There’s no jobs no food no hope but we have Netflix so we have no right to complain.

Reaction Score
Apparently making your own sourdough is all the rage right now...not sure I understand the craze but then again my grocery store still has bread so who cares

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Yeah but reports are saying yeast is becoming a hot commodity.
True, and definitely not something I expected. My dough making has been temporarily derailed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Talked to a guy in Wisconsin who got a pound of yeast with no trouble. It seems to be a localized phenomenon.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Do it on Italian bread.

Reaction Score
Use a large flour tortilla. Crisp it up in the oven, add light toppings and then back in the oven for 8-10 minutes

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Yeast is tough to come by around here, although you could buy it in bulk from Restaurant Depot. Fortunately I have a few packs of dry and a couple cubes of compressed, but am using those for bread.

I was in TJs last week and they still had plenty of prepared packaged pizza dough in the refrigerated section. Also a bunch of frozen pizza shells and some pre-baked ones with the bread. The refrigerated dough balls aren't the greatest for making a super thin crust, but you can stretch them out fairly thin for a NY style (think Ray's) pie.

Reaction Score
Making your own dough is the way to go. The bonus is you can make a lot and freeze them in individual balls, so you just have to stretch, top, and bake when you’re ready. Best recipe I’ve come across is below and a pic of a recent one just to make everyone hungry.

B968EEC6-175A-4974-82E7-C355C5E7534D.jpeg

Reaction Score
Making your own dough is the way to go. The bonus is you can make a lot and freeze them in individual balls, so you just have to stretch, top, and bake when you’re ready. Best recipe I’ve come across is below and a pic of a recent one just to make everyone hungry.

View attachment 53316

100%

It's easy too.

But if you don't want to, check this out and thank me later.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeast is tough to come by around here, although you could buy it in bulk from Restaurant Depot. Fortunately I have a few packs of dry and a couple cubes of compressed, but am using those for bread.

I was in TJs last week and they still had plenty of prepared packaged pizza dough in the refrigerated section. Also a bunch of frozen pizza shells and some pre-baked ones with the bread. The refrigerated dough balls aren't the greatest for making a super thin crust, but you can stretch them out fairly thin for a NY style (think Ray's) pie.
The one on 11th?

Reaction Score
Highly doubt anyone would ever do this but for what it's worth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger