Official 2014 Spring Roster Released | The Boneyard

Official 2014 Spring Roster Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ormsby at LB is interesting
Boland staying at TE for now
Bockeloh is the only lineman listed at center, everyone else gets the generic "offensive lineman"

Reaction Score
Anyone have the roster from last year handy so the weights can be compared?

Reaction Score
Not seeing Ty-Meer Brown????? I know he had his injury issues but is he officially done?

Reuben Frank, Cole Ormsby, Cameron Stapleton and Jalen Stevens to linebacker...... 3-4 scheme changes...4 guys is a lot though......Kinda thought one or two might stay on the line...... Not a lot of depth on the dline now.

Reaction Score
3-4 defense; given what we have or don't have for DEs, it's probably the right call.

Reaction Score
Not seeing Ty-Meer Brown????? I know he had his injury issues but is he officially done?

Reuben Frank, Cole Ormsby, Cameron Stapleton and Jalen Stevens to linebacker. 3-4 scheme changes...4 guys is a lot though.Kinda thought one or two might stay on the line. Not a lot of depth on the dline now.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/conn-m-footbl-mtt.html

This 3-4 scheme thing's gonna be interesting.. I can see a DL rotation but I need help on understanding OLB / ILB spots with our current roster. Who fits best where? I know somebody's got some kind of rotation in their head they can put down.

Reaction Score
3-4 defense; given what we have or don't have for DEs, it's probably the right call.

do the DE's in this scheme have to drop into pass coverage alot? If not, I can see kids that have pass rushing ability benefit from this scheme: Frank, Stevens, Ormsby, Stapleton... hopefully you guys see where I'm going with this, our taller kids at the position.

Reaction Score
Anyone have the roster from last year handy so the weights can be compared?
Looks like the returning OL overall got a little smaller. Quinn Thompson put on 20.
edit; looks like a few are a little smaller, the DTs Myers and <Fortukasi> put on some weight.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Can we please have a couple of frosh/soph linemen step up? You never really comprehend the full value of a guy like Moe Petrus until you run into the lineman issues we had in the last couple of years and 2005-2006. A reliable four-year starter on the o-line, one can only dream. Step up, Mr. Shafenacker!

Reaction Score
Can we please have a couple of frosh/soph linemen step up? You never really comprehend the full value of a guy like Moe Petrus until you run into the lineman issues we had in the last couple of years and 2005-2006. A reliable four-year starter on the o-line, one can only dream. Step up, Mr. Shafenacker!
I'm hoping Rugg and Levy are ready to step up as well even though they only have 3 years left. I don't see Ormsby at 248 in coverage much. Watching Petrus support Teggert after he missed the FG at the end of regulation in the ND game. I'll never forget that. Great moment.

Reaction Score
(Jim Fuller) UConn spring roster is up
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/03/uconn-spring-roster-is-up.html
  • Ty-Meer Brown is not on the spring roster meaning so he made the difficult decision to walk away from the game due to the serious neck injury he suffered during the 2013 season but UConn will have the services of offensive lineman Gus Cruz.
  • Quarterback Scott McCummings, who was moved to receiver last season, before suffering season-ending torn Achilles' is also no longer on the roster.

(John Silver):Brown’s career over; roster set for spring

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member