Offensive Execution: Key to success | The Boneyard

Offensive Execution: Key to success

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Lots of reasons for great start so far... Better and deeper talent, good mix of expereinced players with newcomers, increased Bball IQ, defensive intensity, selfless team play and OFFENSIVE execution...

With nothing to do today but eat more leftovers, watch more football and more basketball, I was curious to see how the eye test.. ( ie lots more passing and fewer turnovers thru first 7 games and notably in last 2 games ) compared to recent years and even with more successful teams over the past 30 years..

Thu 7 games ..team is averaging 29.6 made FGs, 19.3 Assists and 13.0 turnovers..They're assisting on more than 65% of made field goals and have an Assist to turnover ratio of 1.48... See attached stat sheet to see that this compares VERY favorably with the offensive juggernaut teams led by Ray Allen / Doron Sheffer in the mid 90s...

I realize it's only 7 games and stats are influenced by 5 games against lesser teams BUT..this is encouraging and will be interesting to see if they can continue to SHARE the ball so effortlessly..Lots of credit to lots of people...

Attachments

• UConnstats.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 78

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice write up but I didn’t find anything offensive.:cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom