Offense is +1 TD in 5 games | The Boneyard

Offense is +1 TD in 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The offense has scored 6 touchdowns in 5 games.
The opposition has scored 5 defensive TD's against our offense.
Is this an NCAA record in futility?

In addition, of the 13 TD's our defense has given up, 5 of them were drives that started in our territory because of our offense!
So, kudos to our defense that has only given up 8 scoring drives in 5 games, despite being on the field the majority of the games.

Reaction Score
I don't think SMU has even scored a touchdown yet, so we are at least ahead of them.

Reaction Score
Our point differential so far in 2014 is misleading, because of this. We've been horrid in the red zone in offense, and we've allowed a defensive touchdown on average, once a game.

The defense itself, is on pace for a scoring allowed of approx. 21pts per game. You can win with that kind of defensive production. We've done it before, but you need discipline, turnover free, power football, that can run the ball into the endzone.

Reaction Score
I don't think SMU has even scored a touchdown yet, so we are at least ahead of them.

Easy don't discredit their 1 touch down with no time remaining against North Texas in a 43-0 game.

Reaction Score
I hated the decision to take the air at the ball against USF and just run inside draws for no gain until late in the 4th quarter. Thought it was the wrong thing to do and it just looked . . . terrible . . . on national TV.

But, man, the Temple game made me reconsider. The offense just cannot get out of its own way. I agree, in principle, with those who think we should be running more plays out of the shotgun given our line issues, but for all I know that's been tried in practice and isn't producing any better results. I'm not sure there is an answer, short of ditching the current playbook and running some sort of gimmick offense for the rest of the year. And I don't know that we want to go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom