Off-season Workouts | The Boneyard

Off-season Workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what off-season workouts the NCAA allow for D1 hockey players? Are players and coaches allowed on the ice, to work on individual skills such as skating and stickhandling? I know in bball coach are allowed to work with individual players. I was just curious about a hockey players off-season.

Reaction Score
On ice workouts? Does Freitas even operate year 'round, including during late spring and summer months?

Reaction Score
Last I looked a number of players played in summer leaves that are sort of like the college Summer baseball circuits . There was 1 in SE Mass somewhere that had a fair number of local college players. BC BU PC as well as some of the Diii guys. I admit it was maybe 10 years ago I followed it so it may have changed.

Reaction Score
I believe they're allowed to train and have on-ice workouts that amount to captain's practices. But they cannot have on-ice workouts with the coaching staff as a team until October 1 or so. It would behoove UConn, now that it's a Hockey East school, to keep the ice at Freitas down year-round for players.

Reaction Score
It would behoove UConn, now that it's a Hockey East school, to keep the ice at Freitas down year-round for players.
Sure, but do you have any facts to support there is no ice at Freitas year-round? UCONN may, or may not yet no one's responded yet to the related question.

Reaction Score
Da_Aisijimo_Gou said:
Sure, but do you have any facts to support there is no ice at Freitas year-round? UCONN may, or may not yet no one's responded yet to the related question.
I'm not 100% but I believe they keep the ice. Last summer they had a staff skating event, but I don't recall exactly when. Definitely when there were no students though.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
On ice workouts? Does Freitas even operate year 'round, including during late spring and summer months?

I'm sure they do. Camps and clinics for youth players run all summer at most rinks. I'm pretty sure I was looking at a summer camp at one point that was running at Freitas for my kids to do while they were at my parents house.

Reaction Score
I see a few of the UConn guys in Bolton practising independently after my kid's skating class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom