Off Season Game of the Week | The Boneyard

Off Season Game of the Week

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, mine anyway. As a way of getting through the off season I try to watch a prior year game every week. Sometimes two. And sometimes the press conferences too. For instance, Vic's "piranhas on a roast". Don't worry Vic you'll break our hearts next year.

So this week was the at home game with South Carolina in February of 2019. 7 lead changes in the first half and 5 ties. Memorable game and, though in the rear view mirror, ultimately delicious. Batman (Phee) and Robin (Lou) combined for 58 points and the whole team executed beautifully and just hustled their butts setting up back door plays and just plain crisp screens. In the 3rd quarter they put South Carolina players' heads on a swivel and somehow they were always looking in the wrong direction. It was a thing of beauty.

Want to share the memory?

Reaction Score
I've watched a bit of 3x3 but I'm rarely hyped by the games. Today's USA/Mongolia women's 3x3 was the exception - a true nailbiter. Some fantastic play by both teams (plus a bit of meh too). I left a link to the game in the General board's 3x3 thread.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have never been able to get into 3X3. It's a game that uses basketball skills, but so much different that I just don't dig it. If a player I'm particularly fond of (Paige comes to mind maybe 2 years ago) is playing I will look in, confirm my dislike for the game and split. It's a variant of summer street ball tournaments, just downsized. A family member use to run the medical tent in a summer street ball tournament . Number 1 complaint foot blisters. Number 2 road rash. I wonder if those are issues in 3X3?

Reaction Score
Yeah, I watch a game or two a day. I definitely been watching the 3x3 FIBA games. USA/Mongolia...OMG! That was a nail biter. I will watch the Czech Republic/USA game after the NBA game tonight.

Reaction Score
I have never been able to get into 3X3. It's a game that uses basketball skills, but so much different that I just don't dig it. If a player I'm particularly fond of (Paige comes to mind maybe 2 years ago) is playing I will look in, confirm my dislike for the game and split. It's a variant of summer street ball tournaments, just downsized. A family member use to run the medical tent in a summer street ball tournament . Number 1 complaint foot blisters. Number 2 road rash. I wonder if those are issues in 3X3?
I'm OK with the game and its rules, and I enjoy it in the Olympics. But I just don't feel connected to the teams. When deciding to watch I'm never sure which team it will be. Different age group? Same age group, but different personnel than when I watched a couple weeks ago? As a fan it has a bit of a revolving door feel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom