Off Season Anecdote | The Boneyard

Off Season Anecdote

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Now, please give this story a bit of time to fully develop.

I moved to Florida around 7 years ago. This past spring I ran for City Commissioner, and won.

In Florida, there is a law, mandating that elected municipal officials take annual ethics training. The implication being that, otherwise, we wouldn't know an ethic if we were to trip over over one in the parking lot.

So, back in May or so, I took my mandatory training and had opportunity to get to know a number of other newly elected municipal officials who wouldn't otherwise recognize an ethic.

Fast forward to July.

One of the Commissioners from Lake Wales, a "classmate" of mine from my ethics training, was arrested.

She confronted an 11 year old, and threatened to "bury him", while brandishing a loaded handgun. She believed that the boy had touched her daughter, inappropriately.

Now, in her defense, the ethics training never specifically covered a situation wherein an elected official might find him or herself in a situation where they might be brandishing a loaded gun, while threatening to bury an 11 year old.

All that I can presently hear in my head, right now are echos of George Costanza, asking "Was that wrong?" "Because if I had known...."

Reaction Score
Damn post took me back to age 11 and my hands on experimentation, discovery and awakening. Training exercises, if you will.

Anyway, she would be coming at me with a howitzer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom