Of course, Seton Hall immediately gets blasted by 20 points | The Boneyard

Of course, Seton Hall immediately gets blasted by 20 points

Reaction Score
Xavier trounced them. But this is life as the National Champ. Everybody is going to go the extra mile. Play harder. Give it their all. The Hall did and then had their post-UConn let down.

We're still sitting Kenpom #5 on Sunday. But we better stay ready because everyone wants to play over their head against us.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
It's the Big East. The home team usually has a big advantage. If you take out Xavier, Georgetown, and DePaul (IMO, the three worst teams in the league), the top 8 have lost a combined four games at home this year.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is not a good team, and they did not play extraordinary well against us. We just played like garbage. We should have won by 20 too. Most teams will blow out Seton Hal

Also I’m assuming Seton Hall was on the road? Many Big East teams seem like they get special treatment at home (except for us LOL) The road can be a humbling experience.

But any team can beat any team at home in Big East - that’s the way it will be all season.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is not a good team, and they did not play extraordinary well against us. We just played like garbage. We should have won by 20 too. Most teams will blow out Seton Hall
While I agree, they are borderline top-75 team. On the road, that's Q1.....so it might not even count as a bad loss as far as the committee is concerned. Bummer we didn't take opportunity of what should have been an easy win..but seton hall is not as bad as some other teams...like the dregs of the ACC fo instance.

Reaction Score
It's the Big East. The home team usually has a big advantage. If you take out Xavier, Georgetown, and DePaul (IMO, the three worst teams in the league), the top 8 have lost a combined four games at home this year.
The home team has an advantage except for UConn.

I have to say that I like the teams and rivalries in this league, but I absolutely hate the style of play.

I would not trade the intensity for a less intense league, but I don't like to see the most talented players neutralized by style of play.

Reaction Score
The home team has an advantage except for UConn.

I have to say that I like the teams and rivalries in this league, but I absolutely hate the style of play.

I would not trade the intensity for a less intense league, but I don't like to see the most talented players neutralized by style of play.
I find many times refs feel the need to “even calls out” so they can appear to be calling a good game. Or as is in the Big East with home teams can at times, play like an NFL team ./ w/ about half of calls made that should have been while the visiting team it’s whistle after whistle tying to match the style of play.

I love every UConn game but to the point of this post… We had a disinterested person watch game who said game was boring, disjointed and ugly.

Reaction Score
Please take out DePaul.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
They came out sky high at home against us, and we probably had a tad bit of a letdown after rolling the Zags

And their very next game, they had a letdown on the road vs X who came out sky high

It's the way of the world

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Seton Hall is not a good team, and they did not play extraordinary well against us. We just played like garbage. We should have won by 20 too. Most teams will blow out Seton Hall
I wouldn't go that far. I'd agree that our D played like matadors, but Hall's D in that game was very good, both in paint and on perimeter.

I also see a difference in the games being halftime adjustments. We were in a five point game at the half and got blown out in 2nd half. X led by a couple at the half in a tightly fought game and blew out Hall in 2nd.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If Big East refs didn’t have a vendetta against Hurley and Clingan doesn’t get injured we probably squeak it out. Is what it is, away games are gonna be rock fights, we gotta get gritty.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
AlI I know is UConn better slam Shall in the 2nd game. I hope the home crowd is absolutely bonkers for that revenge game.
Oh it will be. Same circumstances as last year. They beat us in NJ and we get them on a weekend afternoon in Storrs. Young Dan Hurley aka Fan Hurley might have to make an appearance that day.

Reaction Score
If Big East refs didn’t have a vendetta against Hurley and Clingan doesn’t get injured we probably squeak it out. Is what it is, away games are gonna be rock fights, we gotta get gritty.
Just stop with the ifs and buts. Great teams don’t need to make excuses, they just do what needs to be done. So sick of hearing this crap. We played soft and got punked by an inferior team. Period.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
And scrappy. Plucky ,too.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just stop with the ifs and buts. Great teams don’t need to make excuses, they just do what needs to be done. So sick of hearing this crap. We played soft and got punked by an inferior team. Period.
Settle down, grampa. We heard you. If you can't enjoy the ride keep it to yourself. Your act stinks like 3 day old fish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom