OT: "Ode to NY" by #2 | The Boneyard

OT: "Ode to NY" by #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am so tired of the Jeter farewell. Who gives a crap? Great, the guy had a good career, happy for him.

But enough with the hero-worship, googly-eyes, nostalgic b^ll$h1T. He's a guy. Who played baseball and banged a ton of 23 year old models.

He didn't cure cancer or anything.

Reaction Score
I am so tired of the Jeter farewell. Who gives a crap? Great, the guy had a good career, happy for him.

But enough with the hero-worship, googly-eyes, nostalgic b^ll$h1T. He's a guy. Who played baseball and banged a ton of 23 year old models.

Relax man, my wife watch the whole commercial and all she could say was "who is he?".

The world is still going around and around as usual.

Reaction Score
I'm laughing imagining Mau pump one off to a Gatorade commercial.

http://deadspin.com/derek-jeter-ass-eating-gossip-we-really-want-to-be-true-1636889346

Not at all Crack........like the guy but even the Yanks aren't the Huskies. And I don't pump any off there either but it's good to know you may have the potential for one of your fav's!!;)

He is one of the good guys though in sports Yankee fan or not and despite people like bmayuc - Maybe a Sox fan I don't know but others have had these farewells like Ripken etc etc........not too many good guys!!

Reaction Score

Neither did JC but we're happy talking about him all the time huh? Hope it' s all over every station Sunday night no matter where you turn..........:D

Reaction Score
Anxious to see what the Sox do on Friday or Saturday. Hope they do a better job than what they did for Mariano when the humor plain missed. Jeter will get a huge fan reception in Fenway.

Reaction Score

Just sounding like a jealous loser here who has clearly not considered the amount of young people whose passion in sports he inspired. A generation of baseball fans grew up watching him.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

You are probably nowhere near as tired of it as Jeter. Great baseball career aside, anyone who has banged as many beautiful women as he has holds a special place in sports history and in my heart.
The fact is that the fans in ML cities want to show their appreciation for a guy who played the game the right way. Anybody who doesn't like it can simply change the channel.

Reaction Score
That's not entirely true, as it is my understanding that that generation of baseball fans is almost non-existent. Perhaps it is just the nostalgia of a dying sport that fuels the Jetercreep:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...-kids-are-losing-interest-in-baseball/281017/
Ask any current college/major league who inspired them as a kid; you're more likely to hear Derek Jeter in his list than not.

But it doesn't even have to be baseball. I said sports because he was such a great player, and most people in America have seen him do amazing things. I bet you many athletes out of NY/NJ/CT will cite him as an inspiration. You don't have to want to play baseball; you're inspired to strive for the greatness he displayed on a regular basis. By the way I'm not a Jeter, Yankee, or baseball fan.

Seems like you have a very narrow focus in your cognition.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You are probably nowhere near as tired of it as Jeter. Great baseball career aside, anyone who has banged as many beautiful women as he has holds a special place in sports history and in my heart.
The fact is that the fans in ML cities want to show their appreciation for a guy who played the game the right way. Anybody who doesn't like it can simply change the channel.

Eh, if he was going to get tired of it, he shouldn't have done the 'farewell tour'. I like it when guys retire at the end of the season. Then we can do the eulogy thing and forget about them.

I am, however, interested in any and all Derek Jeter schtooping stories.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ask any current college/major league who inspired them as a kid; you're more likely to hear Derek Jeter in his list than not.

But it doesn't even have to be baseball. I said sports because he was such a great player, and most people in America have seen him do amazing things. I bet you many athletes out of NY/NJ/CT will cite him as an inspiration. You don't have to want to play baseball; you're inspired to strive for the greatness he displayed on a regular basis. By the way I'm not a Jeter, Yankee, or baseball fan.

Seems like you have a very narrow focus in your cognition.

Derek without question inspired an entire generation of up and coming cocksmen.

Yes, that was on purpose.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I am so tired of the Jeter farewell. Who gives a crap? Great, the guy had a good career,

A "good" career? Master of understatement. If the hall of fame had a hall of fame, Jeter would be there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised to see Jeter have an acting career post-baseball. He's proved his chops this season with his insistance that he is uncomfortable with all the attention the farewell tour has gotten. People actually believe that!

Reaction Score
Don't be surprised to see Jeter have an acting career post-baseball. He's proved his chops this season with his insistance that he is uncomfortable with all the attention the farewell tour has gotten. People actually believe that!

Only a moronic Sox fan would think of it this way..........who's your favorite team Waq? Just curious........or just want everyone to see the real reason you're so outraged with this!;)

Reaction Score
A "good" career? Master of understatement. If the hall of fame had a hall of fame, Jeter would be there.

Again, with the craziness. "if the hall of fame had a hall of fame."

He was good for a long time, has a .310 average and had over 78 RBI 3 times in 18 years during one of the livest ball eras in history. His fielding is suspect, especially with advanced metrics folded into the mix. Rock solid, but not crazy.

But "hall of fame for the hall of fame" belongs with the Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax level players. My whole point is that the Jeter is Jesus crowd it going a bit overboard and you are making my point perfectly.

Reaction Score
Again, with the craziness. "if the hall of fame had a hall of fame."

He was good for a long time, has a .310 average and had over 78 RBI 3 times in 18 years during one of the livest ball eras in history. His fielding is suspect, especially with advanced metrics folded into the mix. Rock solid, but not crazy.

But "hall of fame for the hall of fame" belongs with the Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax level players. My whole point is that the Jeter is Jesus crowd it going a bit overboard and you are making my point perfectly.

You're lost. I agree with you about hall of fame for hall of fame - I do he's not Ruth, Gehrig, Williams.... But look at the names you provided us........they are from baseballs past. How many guys play for the same team for 20 years and perform basically that solid in all facets of the game, as well as off the field (banging hot models and celebs aside) for that long anymore? This day and age? And everyone in the league loves the guy - everyone, like it or not. There's a reason this is happening and the best thing for people, who either don't appreciate it or are just petty jealous Sox fans, to do is to turn the station. I'm sure a nice look at the 2004 playoffs on NESN will make all you guys climb back into the circle jerk which Waq will he happy to be the pivotman!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate the freaking Yankees, and Jeter hasn't deserved any of his last 7-8 gold glove awards, but he's a HOF player, has been a class act on and off the field and stayed with the Yanks throughout. You have to appreciate that in this era. We won't see many more like him. I think that's what this is about as much as anything.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jeter's great, no doubt. But it wasn't too long ago when Yankee fans would lecture us about how it was "all about the rings." If that was still true, Jeets would be hitting 9th and maybe they would still be in the hunt for the playoffs. But this year was all about the send-off.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Really? Is he even in the top 20 best players of all time? I don't want to do the exercise, but I'd hazard a guess that he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom