OT: "Ode to NY" by #2 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: "Ode to NY" by #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guy has cancer and you still have to give him shots. I think you might have issues

Reaction Score
I think he does. I am another matter. You are under suspicion too.

I think if we were all totally mature this website wouldn't exist. But trashing a guy who is a clear hall of fame player as he is retiring is a whole other level. Quite frankly, I couldn't imagine doing it to any star player from any other team. Even Curt Schilling.

I don't understand your logic. Because I don't fall over backward in awe over Derek Jeter, I'm immature? I just don't get the hype and I've found that any time someone hints at that, Yankee fanboys collectively lose their minds. Like you did.

I never said he wasn't a hall of famer. But so is Eddie Murray. And like Jeter, he just played well for a long time. Good accomplishments...but not nearly deserved of the over-publicized nonsense we saw the last two weeks.

Reaction Score
Wow, this argument is still alive & not locked yet? Amazing...
At the end of the day, Jeter will be in the Hall of Fame, whether any of us like it or not. They are already planning for it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I wasn't singling you out. It is 8 pages of people saying things about how Jeter sucked, was below average, was the worst player in baseball the last 5 years. Pretty irrational stuff that I think comes from someplace I don't understand. Sorry if it came out on you.
I like Young and your statements about him are reasonable. But you do get more credit for doing it longer. I actually think the goodbye tour was too long and felt flat. I also know Jeter wasn't a "carry the team" type of player. Like I said, those comments are fine but the bashing is weird.

I can't imagine there having been a good-bye ceremony for Ted Williams and that I would go to post how lousy his defense was (no, I don't think he was that bad) But I would have respect for his contribution to baseball (And please, I know Williams is better than Jeter. I'm going for the "need to rain on someone's parade" factor.

My 2nd last response was an attempt at sarcastic humor. On a thread where we were all arguing about a baseball player, I didn't originally understand why I was being told I had issues for arguing about one.

Anyway, my apologies.

Reaction Score
I thought you might have issues because you're arguing about a baseball player and then you decide to mock Curt Schilling as he battles cancer.

Reaction Score
I thought you might have issues because you're arguing about a baseball player and then you decide to mock Curt Schilling as he battles cancer.

What are you talking about? Please show where he mocked Curt Schilling.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Guy has cancer and you still have to give him shots. I think you might have issues

Good lord.

And with this bit of profound stupidity, the thread has clearly lived too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom