Odds Horde will ask PP about being No. 1 in weekly presser? | The Boneyard

Odds Horde will ask PP about being No. 1 in weekly presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's gotten asked about his job security the past 3 weeks.

Gotta be honest JS haven't heard him asked directly about it once (if there's a transcript of him addressing it haven't seen it) And think hotseat.com is a notch or two above 'yahoos'. He's now tagged as the coach most likely to be fired in the country. Seems like it's worthy of discussion.

Reaction Score
"Instead of focusing on the coach you should support the team". . . . yeah, the same attitude Red Sox fans had last year, TB Bucs fans this year, Giants fans this year, yada yada yada

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That website is pretty stupid.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Think it's very useful, especially the salary info. Read his blog sometime.

BTW SNY started replay of Michigan same time as presser. First time seeing replay on TV and Rent, etc. look great. Listening to P drone on kind of ruins the vibe, but sound will go up when Presser ends.

Reaction Score
"Instead of focusing on the coach you should support the team". . . . yeah, the same attitude Red Sox fans had last year, TB Bucs fans this year, Giants fans this year, yada yada yada

He is going to be fired at the end of the year unless a miracle happens. Sometimes I think you want to publicly embarass and humiliate the guy.

Reaction Score
He is going to be fired at the end of the year unless a miracle happens. Sometimes I think you want to publicly embarass and humiliate the guy.

Nope. The issue is the Horde doesn't want to address the issue. There's a polite and diplomatic way to address the question but they're afraid to for because they don't want to embarrass him either. Have said PP is a nice guy many times. It's the people who brought him here who should be ashamed of themselves.

BTW ABC just spent a minute or so showing how crappy the Rent turf was. Yikes

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Disagree. Think it's very useful, especially the salary info. Read his blog sometime.

BTW SNY started replay of Michigan same time as presser. First time seeing replay on TV and Rent, etc. look great. Listening to P drone on kind of ruins the vibe, but sound will go up when Presser ends.

Other than seeing how much money they make how is it useful. Either you are on the hot seat you aren't.

Ranking 70 guys who aren't getting fired is just dumb. Moving guys around week to week is pointless. Dave Doeren really hurt himself losing to Clemson aided by one of the worst calls in history.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I have it on now too. Despite not wanting to listen to a Michigan lovefest, I can't help but watch. Crowd sounds good on TV. Spielman called the fumbled exchange on 2rd and 10 right before Parker's TD catch. Amazing.

Reaction Score
For those following the presser he did acknowledge he shouldn't have called the timeouts at the end of the first half that allowed Mich to punt and Lemelle to almost fumble it away again "I got a little greedy there"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Nope. The issue is the Horde doesn't want to address the issue. There's a polite and diplomatic way to address the question but they're afraid to for because they don't want to embarrass him either. Have said PP is a nice guy many times.
The problem is : if they ask the question as directly as you wish, their jobs become much more difficult going forward. They aren't going to sacrifice the ability to do their jobs going forward just because some guy on the boneyard needs to know what he thinks about being #1 on some hot seat website.

Reaction Score
And back to this "embarrass & humiliate" stuff. Gotta make a decision here if this is serious business or Pop Warner. UConn has passed up two chances to pull the trigger on P (end of last season, after Townson -- he said it again today). The buyout is a huge factor but get sense the nice guy stuff is affecting decision-makers thinking, too. Anybody else think with HH or TJ coaching Saturday UConn wins? I do.

Reaction Score
And back to this "embarrass & humiliate" stuff. Gotta make a decision here if this is serious business or Pop Warner. UConn has passed up two chances to pull the trigger on P (end of last season, after Townson -- he said it again today). The buyout is a huge factor but get sense the nice guy stuff is affecting decision-makers thinking, too. Anybody else think with HH or TJ coaching Saturday UConn wins? I do.

Why is it ok to embarass and humiliate someone in a "serious business" setting? Either fire the guy or don't. At this point I don't care as long as he's gone by the end of the year. The notion that this team is going to play better under Hughes or Weist is a fantasy.

For the record, I'd give Foley the interim reigns if it ever came down to it.

Reaction Score
The problem is : if they ask the question as directly as you wish, their jobs become much more difficult going forward. They aren't going to sacrifice the ability to do their jobs going forward just because some guy on the boneyard needs to know what he thinks about being #1 on some hot seat website.

Here's how you ask it "Coach, there's a website out there that lists you as the most-endangered coach in the country. How do you feel about the job you've done and if you expect to be back next season?" Very simple. Couch it and make the website the bad guy.

Also if you noticed the fairly cozy relationship with P and Horde. Notice how he always uses the questioner's name in the response. Pretty sure they find that flattering. Give me Belichick who could care less who's asking the questions. Never heard him use a journo's name in response to a question.

Reaction Score
Gotta be honest JS haven't heard him asked directly about it once (if there's a transcript of him addressing it haven't seen it) And think hotseat.com is a notch or two above 'yahoos'. He's now tagged as the coach most likely to be fired in the country. Seems like it's worthy of discussion.

"Coach Pasqualoni, a website called the Boneyard believes you are the Devil Incarnate, sent to Earth to destroy the UConn Football program as a favor to Syracuse. Also, it seems you enjoy punching babies. Would you care to comment?"

It's a stupid question and no self-respecting journalist would do it. It's merely meant to make the coach look awful and it's a great way to make sure you lose your press pass real fast.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
"Coach, there's a website out there that lists you as the most-endangered coach in the country. How do you feel about the job you've done and if you expect to be back next season?.
"I don't pay attention to any of that stuff. We are improving week to week and focused on Buffalo."

So now where do you go with it?

Reaction Score
If you're in the media and you're worried about asking a SERIOUS question (see couched, diplomatic reasonable question above, not the insane one above) will cost you your press pass, you are in the wrong business.

Reaction Score
"I don't pay attention to any of that stuff. We are improving week to week and focused on Buffalo."

So now where do you go with it?

CTM, I think you just made my point. That is a stock answer to a question that we've heard asked many, many times elsewhere but has yet to be asked here. Just because you think you know what the answer will be doesn't mean you don't ask. Who knows? Maybe he'll say "there were a lot of things wrong here we had to fix and that takes time".

Somebody making $1.6 million a year should not be immune from scrutiny because he's a nice fella

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I just get the feeling that you won't be happy until a) the question is asked how you want and b) he responds "I've sucked and my buns are toasty. In fact, I quit."

Reaction Score
I just get the feeling that you won't be happy until a) the question is asked how you want and b) he responds "I've sucked and my buns are toasty. In fact, I quit."

Don't think one job security question has been asked since the Towson loss. Although "I'm resigning today" or "I've accepted George's resignation" would inject some more life into the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom