Odbball UConn Dunk Question | The Boneyard

Odbball UConn Dunk Question

Reaction Score
During the Maine game a few weeks ago, James Bouknight scored 15 points in pretty much every way possible including a 3, old fashioned 3 point play, free throws, reverse layup, mid range shot, and a dunk.

The dunk was noteworthy because it came off his own missed shot from about 10-12 feet out. I have never seen another UConn player do that in 4 decades of watching and attending UConn games. Has any other Husky dunked off his own missed shot without gathering and going back up? I am not talking about a big grabbing a rebound of a point blank miss and going back up.

(I realize that Andre Jackson did it as well in a high school game, but I believe the play had been whistled dead at that point.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I seem to remember Donyell and Butler both doing it, but I could be wrong . . .

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There have been a lot of bigs who after rebounding a missed bunny dunked the second opportunity. But not many missed mid range shots that were rebounded and dunked by the same player.

Maybe the bot @tcf15 can give us a list. I thought Rodney and Jerome have done it.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

does this work?

Man that guy got off the ground SO fast! I think my favorite part of this video is just watching the opposing fans/players/coaches shaking their heads after each dunk thinking, “how the heck are we supposed to stop someone who exists that far above the basket?” Looking forward to Andre producing a similar demoralizing effect on our Big East foes next year.

Reaction Score
Man that guy got off the ground SO fast! I think my favorite part of this video is just watching the opposing fans/players/coaches shaking their heads after each dunk thinking, “how the heck are we supposed to stop someone who exists that far above the basket?” Looking forward to Andre producing a similar demoralizing effect on our Big East foes next year.
I love how he screams after literally every dunk..lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m sure Stanley did that at some point..the guy must’ve dunked several hundred times in his UConn career.

Best dunker and most explosive athlete at UConn in the almost 40 years I've been watching UConn hoops. Not even close. Jackson obviously is a smaller framed Ayer but hopefully he has some of the same highlight type dunk's that gets the crowd rocking like Sticks would do.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I remember Kemba throwing it off the glass and dunking it, but it may have just been a layup and im looking through rosey nostalgia glasses.

I was at that game, it was a layup. He threw it off the glass because he had picked up his dribble and didn't have an open man to pass to. Great play.

Reaction Score
It was like Stanley hated the rim. He abused it like very few in CBB and rarely dunked without springing the rim and swaying the backboard. I see some of that in AJ and think he dunks with that same anger and rage. AJ isn’t as big as Stanley but hits that rim nearly as hard. It’s complete disrespect. I love it.

Reaction Score
Best dunker and most explosive athlete at UConn in the almost 40 years I've been watching UConn hoops. Not even close. Jackson obviously is a smaller framed Ayer but hopefully he has some of the same highlight type dunk's that gets the crowd rocking like Sticks would do.
Going "Old School" but the only other player I can remember to possibly match Stanley Robinson was Stormin Norman Bailey from Northwest Catholic. In my mind, the best dunk I ever seen was Bailey's dunk vs Villanova ('80 or '81) in a double overtime loss at the Field house. He stole the ball at mid court, left just inside the foul line, double pumped and jammed over a Villanova player to put UConn ahead. Never heard the Field house so loud.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going "Old School" but the only other player I can remember to possibly match Stanley Robinson was Stormin Norman Bailey from Northwest Catholic. In my mind, the best dunk I ever seen was Bailey's dunk vs Villanova ('80 or '81) in a double overtime loss at the Field house. He stole the ball at mid court, left just inside the foul line, double pumped and jammed over a Villanova player to put UConn ahead. Never heard the Field house so loud.

Mike McKay, Stormin' Norman and Al Frederick were three of my first favorites at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom