October non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

October non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Hmm. Is this there insurance policy if they don't get Kiki Rice? Or do they already know she isn't coming?

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted but Stanford picked up another guard.

I haven't heard or seen much about her but if she's anything like the player who's jersey she's wearing, I'm all in ;):cool:

Hmm. Is this there insurance policy if they don't get Kiki Rice? Or do they already know she isn't coming?
I have no insider information but I have this gut feeling she's going to Duke

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Grace VanSlooten commitment is this Friday, going with Oregon
Too bad she didn't follow in her big sister's footsteps and commit to High Point.

Reaction Score
Unless she’s trying to throw a major head fake, all recent social media activity does point to Oregon.
I always thought it was a long shot to land her but getting into her top 3 was never possible until Kim came here. Our 2022 class is gonna be very rough if we dont land SaMyah Smith or Flaujae.... Kim's HS recruiting has been a bit sketchy these last few years (compared to the recruiting previously she had done) although she has been better than anybody else in the transfer portal Market.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I saw that former Baylor commit 2023 Sammie Wagner visited Stanford this past weekend. Apparently, she's visited Oregon and Texas. To clarify, unsure if these are official or not. I forget the timelines for when Officials can start happening.

Reaction Score
I saw that former Baylor commit 2023 Sammie Wagner visited Stanford this past weekend. Apparently, she's visited Oregon and Texas. To clarify, unsure if these are official or not. I forget the timelines for when Officials can start happening.
If she's a 2023, her visits are unofficials. Only 2022 players are able to do official visits currently.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she's a 2023, her visits are unofficials. Only 2022 players are able to do official visits currently.
That's correct class of 2023 can't start official visits until 1 week after the NCAA Championship game.
Wagner is a good pickup for anyone she was formerly as high as #2 in the class and along with Lauren Cox's little sisters were locks for Baylor had Mulkey stayed.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's correct class of 2023 can't start official visits until 1 week after the NCAA Championship game.
Wagner is a good pickup for anyone she was formerly as high as #2 in the class and along with Lauren Cox's little sisters were locks for Baylor had Mulkey stayed.
Thanks! I thought that was the case but I thought some dates shifted to allow Juniors to do officials earlier. Maybe the shift was "1 week after the NCAA championship game"

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND makes an offer to a 2024 Rutgers Prep standout Mikayla Blakes. Looks like Irish Recruiting Coordinator Michaela Mabrey has been spending some time back in her native New Jersey.
(thanks to both Stoli [here] and MPG [on the Bench] for the tip).

Blakes is a 6'0" guard who got some solid reviews for her performance in the recent Wooten 150.

Blakes (and Rutgers Prep) is coached by Mary (Coyle) Klinger, who was a member of the Rutgers's Women's Basketball Team, coached by Theresa Grentz, that won the national championship of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women in 1982 with an 83–77 upset of Texas. Klinger was joined on that team by her identical twin, Patty Coyle, June Olkowski and one Chris Dailey, who UConn fans might know in another capacity. ;)

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
A poster on McGraw's Bench said KK Bransford announced (via Instagram Story) that she'll announce her commitment tomorrow (Oct. 8). If true, we'll see if chooses from Arizona, Michigan, North Carolina, Notre Dame or UCLA. My heart would love to see her team up with her former south Ohio HS rival Maddy Westbeld and former U-16 USA teammates Sonial Citron and Olivia Miles. Gut tells me she'll stay east of the Mississippi. Stay tuned.

And, Grace VanSlooten makes her announcement tomorrow, right? From LSU, Gonzaga or Oregon.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Those boxes include: the school's sports marketing and business programs, the relationships with head coach Kelly Graves and fellow 2022 commitment Chance Gray (another Ohio native and close personal friend), the recent slew of success on the hardwood, the scenery and outdoors that surround Eugene and the potential to benefit from Nike's recent commitment to Oregon athletes with regards to NIL.
NIL will make It difficult for many schools to compete with Oregon given Nike and their resources. Hell of a luxury to have and sell to recruits

Reaction Score
Nice class for Oregon:
Chance Gray
Grace VanSlooten
Jenna Isai
Kennedy Basham
But with 13 on roster now and only one actual senior/grad (Dufficy)…hmmm
Maybe expecting to lose Sabally and Prince to pro leagues (USA or Europe)??? With NIL though may be less incentive to jump these days.
Transfers Hosendove and Hurst are listed as seniors but have an extra year after COVID year added eligibility?

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Thanks! I thought that was the case but I thought some dates shifted to allow Juniors to do officials earlier. Maybe the shift was "1 week after the NCAA championship game"
Guess it's different for every sport. Class of 2023 girls volleyball players definitely started taking official visits (as juniors) in early September.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Nice class for Oregon:
Chance Gray
Grace VanSlooten
Jenna Isai
Kennedy Basham
But with 13 on roster now and only one actual senior/grad (Dufficy)…hmmm
Maybe expecting to lose Sabally and Prince to pro leagues (USA or Europe)??? With NIL though may be less incentive to jump these days.
Transfers Hosendove and Hurst are listed as seniors but have an extra year after COVID year added eligibility?

Here's an Athletic preview on this year's Ducks. Didn't realize that they're bringing in 7 new players (5 transfers, 2 frosh). While Rogers from USC is a great pick-up from USC, is that redundant with Paopao and Scherr? Or can one swing over to off-guard?

Reaction Score
Bransford announcing her commitment today at 1 pm EST. From Mount Notre Dame high school.......Im going Fighting Irish but still possible it could be UNC.

Reaction Score
Here's an Athletic preview on this year's Ducks. Didn't realize that they're bringing in 7 new players (5 transfers, 2 frosh). While Rogers from USC is a great pick-up from USC, is that redundant with Paopao and Scherr? Or can one swing over to off-guard?

Good question. I'm guessing they're adding some depth after what happened last season when Paopao suffered that injury that ended her season.

The guard play struggled from there from what I remember watching. Their match up versus Louisville was a good example of it. In the PAC-12, I think having an extra guard or two could be very helpful.

Reaction Score
Bransford announcing her commitment today at 1 pm EST. From Mount Notre Dame high school.......Im going Fighting Irish but still possible it could be UNC.
I will be surprised if it’s anywhere but ND

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom