OT: October is National Pizza Month | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: October is National Pizza Month

Reaction Score
Are there days of this month designated for specific toppings?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Looks like we just missed the celebration of Rocky Mountain Oysters on Oct 5th. :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since we are stats oriented folks, wanted to share this link as to why one should always order the large pizza.

One 18″ Pizza Is More Pizza Than Two 12″ Pizzas

Most places around here go by the 12, 14, 16 small, medium, large. There are places to get a 18 inch extra large.. but its not as common. Lately Ive been going the medium route...... depending on how many toppings I get. I'll get a 16" if its just pepperoni.... but when I load it down with toppings... usually get the medium.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Define alot :p

Had no idea what a Goose 312 was..... so I googled it. Not much of a beer drinker. last time I had a beer was Super Bowl Sunday in 2014. (Darn you Patriots Head bang ) The problem with buying a six pack of beer... is that at my rate of consumption.... it would probably take about 70 years to finish the pack.... and I dont have 70 years left on this earth. :oops: Though I did hear on a radio show about some kinda Chocolate Beer that sounds intriguing :eek:

Back to pizza.... I found out the hard way about being careful about attacking a freshly made deep dish pizza :oops: Those pizza burns are the worst
I heard that Yuengling is brewing a porter stlye beer in a cooperative endeavor with Hershey's chocolate . It is only available as draft beer for a short time in the area. When I was working in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh a few years back, I found Great Lakes Brewing made Edmund Fitzgerald porter that has a very slight hint of chocolate. I like porter , and I love the Edmund Fitzgerald. Unfortunately , it is not sold here in Alabama. So I beg anyone going to Ohio or Pennsylvania from the Birmingham , Al area to bring some back with them. I do not drink much , but I am almost out and hoping a friend or family member can fix me up soon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Was looking around some local pizza places around town and found this. Anyone who knows me knows of my love for mediterrean food...... Now I know I could eat a large one of these.... my goodness.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Was looking around some local pizza places around town and found this. Anyone who knows me knows of my love for mediterrean food. Now I know I could eat a large one of these.... my goodness.

Mint does not belong on pizza!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Mint does not belong on pizza!
Be careful, friend. People are unusually protective of their pizza topping selections. You just might start another civil war. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I heard that Yuengling is brewing a porter stlye beer in a cooperative endeavor with Hershey's chocolate . It is only available as draft beer for a short time in the area. When I was working in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh a few years back, I found Great Lakes Brewing made Edmund Fitzgerald porter that has a very slight hint of chocolate. I like porter , and I love the Edmund Fitzgerald. Unfortunately , it is not sold here in Alabama. So I beg anyone going to Ohio or Pennsylvania from the Birmingham , Al area to bring some back with them. I do not drink much , but I am almost out and hoping a friend or family member can fix me up soon.

You got me thinking and looking. I remember a chocolate beer being talked about on the radio or somewhere.... came across this beer created locally. A cocoa infused Imperial Stout.

Sexual Chocolate - Foothills Brewing

Find out... they sell it in stores here in town...... might have to check it out and stock up in case DWBB has a season like last year :oops:

Would hope they have it already on the shelves. With that name.... its not something I would feel comfortable asking a store worker for. "Excuse me maam...... do you happen to have any Sexual Chocolate?" Liable to mess around and end up in handcuffs and in front of a judge :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You got me thinking and looking. I remember a chocolate beer being talked about on the radio or somewhere.... came across this beer created locally. A cocoa infused Imperial Stout.

Sexual Chocolate - Foothills Brewing

Find out... they sell it in stores here in town. might have to check it out and stock up in case DWBB has a season like last year :oops:

Would hope they have it already on the shelves. With that name.... its not something I would feel comfortable asking a store worker for. "Excuse me maam. do you happen to have any Sexual Chocolate?" Liable to mess around and end up in handcuffs and in front of a judge :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Chocolate does not belong in beer!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I celebrated Friday Night with two pizzas (both mediums cause Im cutting) a thin crust Asian Chicken Pizza..... with Asian Sauce, grilled chicken, red onions, green peppers, and sesame seeds. And one with Pepperoni, ham, italian sausage, ground beef, mushrooms, red onions, and green peppers (told them no olives) .... with a garlic crust.

Thai grilled chickn with a spicy Thai peanut ginger sauce, carrots, green onions, mung bean sprouts, cheese, some multicolored bell peppbers, and chopped peanuts is our favored which we make. Took a little experimenting to get the sauce to our liking.

We moved into new neighborhood a number of years ago and threw a pizza party for our new neighbors. We found a pizza joint that had a wide variety of pizzas, One couple was German so we ordered a pizza with bratwurst and sourkraut. It was much better than your may be imagining. The pizza joint suggested the Thai pizza which became our favored.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Try finding good crust anywhere but NY area.

I'll give some Tucson options if you ever get out here -

NYPD (NY Pizza Delivery) - an Arizona chain. I think their sausage is spot on to the NJ shore. Their pizza is too greasy for me.
Bears Path Pizza - They have the taste down, but an individual slice is enough for 2 meals. But friends said it "isn't greasy enough".
Grandma Tony's Pizza - a side line of the Gaslight Theater I mention. Grandma Tony's wins awards around here. It isn't bad, but there is a hint of thicker crust than NY and it doesn't have NY style topping / texture. Yet, it is surprisingly good.

Past that, haven't found anything notable. Some are edible, but not NY, others are not worth eating at all.
Saint Louis
Had NYC pizza. Too floppy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, I did get to Lou Malnati’s on Saturday night. “The Lou” was delicious.

As an appetizer, I got to see my granddaughter play college soccer for the first time in person. Her team was held to a 0-0 double-overtime tie, even though Caitie put up a personal high of 10 shots, 4 of them on goal. Her teammates combined for 6, and the opposing team had 9. As a freshman, she is leading her team in scoring by a wide margin.

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Im sorry I missed this one...... hope they bring it back :(

House Tomato Sauce base topped with Pabst Blue Ribbon Braised Short Ribs, Spinach, Portabella Mushrooms, Red Onion, and Provolene Cheese. Finished with Herbs and Parmesean. Oh my :eek::eek::eek:

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
That one I would eat. Also the Asian one. Nothing with mint though. :(

Pizza and cheeseburgers are God's gift to man. We're making pizza as I write this. The home made sauce is simmering and I'm waiting for the dough to rise. We've been making our own for years and we've gotten pretty good at it. Never too exotic though - tonight it's simply cheese, sauce, shrimp and mushrooms. Sausage (Italian hot) and pepperoni is still my #1 with Margherite close behind.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm due for another pizza..... and my favorite pizzeria has an item i've be curious about for years. Its called the Coney Island. Topped with smoked mozzarella cheese, nathan's hot dogs, AND french fries

woah.gif

I mean... I love hot dogs, I love french fries, and I love pizza........... what can possibly go wrong

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm due for another pizza..... and my favorite pizzeria has an item i've be curious about for years. Its called the Coney Island. Topped with smoked mozzarella cheese, nathan's hot dogs, AND french fries

View attachment 47281

I mean... I love hot dogs, I love french fries, and I love pizza...... what can possibly go wrong

:eek: I'm curious to hear how that turns out. Sometimes various things that are good are not so good when combined with each other. This combo sounds...questionable.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

View attachment 47281

I mean... I love hot dogs, I love french fries, and I love pizza...... what can possibly go wrong

That what happens when the staff eats their lunch to close to the dough and you don't want to toss it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Bacon, Sun-dried tomatoes, Shallots toppings on a pie that has "light cheese." Picking up in a 1/2 hour. Eschewing chianti for a sangiovese/cab mix from Tuscany. Oh, and a garlic knot or two to start matters!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom