Obi Melifonwu not listed on SMU UConn Depth Chart? | The Boneyard

Obi Melifonwu not listed on SMU UConn Depth Chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
uh - oh...
Hate to speculate...but hey thats what this board is for!
:)

Another person who doesnt love football or been hiding an lower leg injury for competitive advantage?
We may never know but that is interesting - I thought he played pretty decent last week and didnt hear of any injury.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
John Silver‏@JohnFSilver 1m1 minute ago
No Obi Melinfonwu on depth chart. Not confirmed, but could be shoulder area injury suffered last game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I suppose this means Arkeel has been playing hurt too? Maybe?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Obi has been hurt seriously enough that this injury will require surgery, why is he on the field the last few weeks?? I give the kid high marks for toughness for trying to play through pain, but I'd prefer to play guys who are healthy and not at risk for getting more seriously injured. Not to mention, we've been playing a rotating wheel of players at every position...what's another position to rotate a few guys?

Reaction Score
If Obi has been hurt seriously enough that this injury will require surgery, why is he on the field the last few weeks?? I give the kid high marks for toughness for trying to play through pain, but I'd prefer to play guys who are healthy and not at risk for getting more seriously injured. Not to mention, we've been playing a rotating wheel of players at every position...what's another position to rotate a few guys?
65 scholarship athletes. He was healthy enough to play 11 of 12 games. Some injuries become severe enough to hinder play. Partial tears or injuries become season ending no matter what program you check out. Nothing to see here. Same with Byron Jones.

Reaction Score
OBI not on depth chart might be a real disadvantage to the SMU passing game. They have good reason to be concerned since they've seen game film of UConn's "big play offense by the Husky defense" starting with the BYU game. How are they to put together those big passing plays if #20 is not on the field.

Reaction Score
You can register for free. Short gist of the article says Ashiru's father was told by Jefferson the coaching staff is verbally abusive and forced him off the team.

Tayo Ashiru told Brian Koonz of Hearst Connecticut Media Group last week that his son Jefferson, who started 19 games at linebacker for the Huskies, essentially was run off the team by a verbally abusive coaching staff and further victimized by the myth that Jefferson had lost interest in playing football.

"I asked him, `Is this true? Are you tired of football? What is the story?' I wanted to know what was going on," Ashiru told Koonz. "He told me, `No, Daddy. I love football.

"He said Diaco and the coaches were coming up to him at practice, yelling at him, and asking him, `Do you love football? Do you love football?' He said, `They want to get rid of me.' When he went back to his room, he told me he cried in a way he had never cried in his life."

Reaction Score
You can register for free. Short gist of the article says Ashiru's father was told by Jefferson the coaching staff is verbally abusive and forced him off the team.

Tayo Ashiru told Brian Koonz of Hearst Connecticut Media Group last week that his son Jefferson, who started 19 games at linebacker for the Huskies, essentially was run off the team by a verbally abusive coaching staff and further victimized by the myth that Jefferson had lost interest in playing football.

"I asked him, `Is this true? Are you tired of football? What is the story?' I wanted to know what was going on," Ashiru told Koonz. "He told me, `No, Daddy. I love football.

"He said Diaco and the coaches were coming up to him at practice, yelling at him, and asking him, `Do you love football? Do you love football?' He said, `They want to get rid of me.' When he went back to his room, he told me he cried in a way he had never cried in his life."

Thanks. Do want to read a second view though as Jacobs can (sometimes LOL) appear to be out to get UConn.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Do want to read a second view though as Jacobs can (sometimes LOL) appear to be out to get UConn.

Here is Jacobs "gist":

>>Ashiru is remaining in school, but I don't see him returning to the team. Whether he chooses to transfer for one more season remains to be seen. In the meantime, I understand a dad loving his son so much that it hurts him deeply that his son lost his playing role. But right now I do not see evidence of abuse. I do see a father's words that could hurt a program.,,

Reaction Score
I was startled by the comment about Ashiru flossing his teeth during a team meeting.
When I did that at the board meeting at my last job I got the axe too!:oops:

I hope BD is not an anti-dentite!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This isn't that big of a deal - but Diaco shouldn't avoid public comment and have someone in the program leak something about Ashiru - if it's right or wrong. Either put your name on it or don't comment.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This isn't that big of a deal - but Diaco shouldn't avoid public comment and have someone in the program leak something about Ashiru - if it's right or wrong. Either put your name on it or don't comment.

#BlameDiaco

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
At least home viewers won't have to suffer through CBS SN's hacks say "Melon Fonwa" time and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom