O/T: Stony Brook | The Boneyard

O/T: Stony Brook

Reaction Score
Although I Bleed Blue, I also follow the SUNY Stonybrook WCBB team, since they are the closest team to my granddaughter who lives in Commack, L.I.
She is 6 now and is a bit taller & more athletic than most girls her age. She has a hoop in her backyard and uses it.
in February of 2020 we took her to a Seawolves game mostly because I wanted her to see that, yes, girls can play sports.
We are going to another game on January 29th.
Last season, Stonybrook made it's first appearance in the NCAA tourney, but were eliminated in the first round by....Arizona...(hiss, boo).
So far this year they are 4-0, with wins against St. Johns and most recently, Rutgers.
They are favored to lead their, admittedly weak, America East conference this season. A win in the AE tourney will get them a return trip to the Big Dance.
They won't be appearing in the top 25, but they seem to do pretty well with what they have to work with.

Reaction Score
Good for you and your granddaughter.
Good hoops in a small venue at an affordable price.
Heading out that away for Turkey Day.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
You beat Rutgers? I assume you were at the game. Is Rutgers NCAA Dance bound?

Reaction Score
2 of my daughters are wolfies. The young one is a giant UCONN fan, but went to Stony Brook. They beat Rutgers? Woo Hoo, go wolfies! FYI, the young one received an MBA from Villanova. She has used her Alumni status to snag UCONN tickets when the Wildcats visit CT. For a football game she showed up at the window for Villanova fans to get an alumni ticket fully decked out in UCONN grab. Gotta love it...

Reaction Score
Although I Bleed Blue, I also follow the SUNY Stonybrook WCBB team, since they are the closest team to my granddaughter who lives in Commack, L.I.
She is 6 now and is a bit taller & more athletic than most girls her age. She has a hoop in her backyard and uses it.
in February of 2020 we took her to a Seawolves game mostly because I wanted her to see that, yes, girls can play sports.
We are going to another game on January 29th.
Last season, Stonybrook made it's first appearance in the NCAA tourney, but were eliminated in the first round by....Arizona...(hiss, boo).
So far this year they are 4-0, with wins against St. Johns and most recently, Rutgers.
They are favored to lead their, admittedly weak, America East conference this season. A win in the AE tourney will get them a return trip to the Big Dance.
They won't be appearing in the top 25, but they seem to do pretty well with what they have to work with.
Thank you for sharing that. I love good stories.

Reaction Score
2 of my daughters are wolfies. The young one is a giant UCONN fan, but went to Stony Brook. They beat Rutgers? Woo Hoo, go wolfies! FYI, the young one received an MBA from Villanova. She has used her Alumni status to snag UCONN tickets when the Wildcats visit CT. For a football game she showed up at the window for Villanova fans to get an alumni ticket fully decked out in UCONN grab. Gotta love it...
Nice story!
Gal after my own heart ❤️!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom