O.T. Rose Bowl | The Boneyard

O.T. Rose Bowl

Reaction Score
So the Rose Bowl will be played in Texas which has a Covid problem the size of er California don't you know. I also heard the Pope will celebrate Xmas in Atlantic City for the same reason. So my question is what other events will be moved and to where. Sarcasm and humor will much appreciated...

Reaction Score
So the Rose Bowl will be played in Texas which has a Covid problem the size of er California don't you know. I also heard the Pope will celebrate Xmas in Atlantic City for the same reason. So my question is what other events will be moved and to where. Sarcasm and humor will much appreciated...
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly came out a couple days ago and said that if their semifinal game ended up being the Rose Bowl and they didn’t allow players’ families in the stadium, then they would consider not playing. Then Dabo Sweeney supported him with Clemson’s desire to play in front of family (but he stopped short of threatening not to play).

Next day the LA authorities said forget it - no exemption, no spectators. So today CFP says, fine - to heck with the Rose Bowl, we’ll play in Texas (same stadium that had 18,000 fans for the Big 12 championship game yesterday).

(BTW I think it really sucks that ND got selected for the final 4 after getting absolutely destroyed by Clemson last night. Hope they lose 60-0 in the semifinal.)

Reaction Score
[ ]

My buddy scored a touchdown in the Rose Bowl, the stadium, not the Bowl game, against UCLA He played for Bowling Green in the mid/late '60s.

“There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland, he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from.”

Last edited by a moderator:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Actually have no problem with wanting families there. The additional 16000 plus fans in Texas (only 3000 in New Orleans) seems a bit scary, but that's just me.

Our local hospital just cancelled elective surgery, at least for 2 weeks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Of course..so college football is gonna give Jerry Jones money to use his stadium..as has been said many times..the rich get richer the poor get children..
Isn't the Cotton Bowl also played in Jerry's Place?

Build it and they will come.

Reaction Score
Thought Brian Kelly's rant about "if parents can't come, we may not play," was one of the most arrogant, childish comments heard in years. Of course parents should see their kids play if possible but particularly with all the Covid new cases and deaths, a less tone deaf response would have been helpful.

Reaction Score
California refused to allow less than 500 parents of players to enter the 91,000 seat Rose Bowl. Wouldn't have been hard, to say the least, to socially distance. The bureaucracy in action.

Reaction Score
Thought Brian Kelly's rant about "if parents can't come, we may not play," was one of the most arrogant, childish comments heard in years. Of course parents should see their kids play if possible but particularly with all the Covid new cases and deaths, a less tone deaf response would have been helpful.
If you believe Notre Dame would not have played in the Rose Bowl I will for fifty dollars name a star for you(remember that scam?).

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I think his rant solidified two things: guaranteed ND being in the Championship 4 and moving the game from CA.

Reaction Score
Everything is all about the money. If the parents are donors also or other fat cat donors with "player family" tickets object Kelly was quite possibly serious. With the CFP saying they would move the game there is no loss of game cash for the schools this is a very serious financial hit to the Rose Bowl. I personally would not attend live without a vaccine but then again I do not have a child playing in the game so at that point I am sure I would have a different opinion. In a stadium that size I'm pretty sure that with a mask safe distancing could be maintained.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
This is a complete swerve but sorta related.
How come after the football games, the teams can comingle but for WBB they can't have a handshake line? After all, the teams just spent 40 minutes comingling? (Is comingling the right word????)

Reaction Score
it’s not the first time this has happened In 1942 after the attack on Pearl Harbor the Rose Bowl was played at Wallace Wade Stadium at Duke University

Reaction Score
If you believe Notre Dame would not have played in the Rose Bowl I will for fifty dollars name a star for you(remember that scam?).
There in no way arrogant Notre Dame would not have played if selected as one of the top four teams. They may have passed on other bowls though.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
CFP was going to move the game if the families weren't allowed to be present. They had already hinted that they were going to do it before ND had said anything.

Reaction Score
This is a complete swerve but sorta related.
How come after the football games, the teams can comingle but for WBB they can't have a handshake line? After all, the teams just spent 40 minutes comingling? (Is comingling the right word????)
It is now.. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:Wait, ....that was a scam?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom