O.M.G. | The Boneyard

O.M.G.

Reaction Score
What will we do, ranked #3...how can that be????? ACTUALLY, it would have been courteous to have Louisville first...no offense to Notre Dame, I always like them.

Reaction Score
What will we do, ranked #3...how can that be????? ACTUALLY, it would have been courteous to have Louisville first...no offense to Notre Dame, I always like them.

You're correct. Louisville, unbeaten, should be #1 (until they meet ND, and we see that outcome), and UConn, having beaten the Irish by a substantial margin in their place, should be ranked ahead of ND (#2) with the Irish @3, Stanford (having beaten Baylor) at 4, then the Bears.
Frankly, I believe that Baylor is the best team in the country. Their beat-down of the Huskies was no fluke. Brown and Cox are much better than I remember. They should be used as the prototype for the southern border wall . . .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Frankly, I believe that Baylor is the best team in the country. Their beat-down of the Huskies was no fluke. Brown and Cox are much better than I remember.

And yet they were both completely ineffective against Stanford.

I think it should be beyond obvious that there is no clear cut best team in the country at this point. Depends from game to game and match ups.

Reaction Score

I think it should be beyond obvious that there is no clear cut best team in the country at this point. Depends from game to game and match ups.
No kidding. Just because UConn can be exploited with size doesn't mean Baylor is the best team in the country. It's all about matchups this year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think maybe part of the reason that ND was voted #1 this week is because they were voted #1 in the preseason and the voters just returned to their original vote (except they didn't treat UConn in the same way, hmm).

Reaction Score
So ... Baylor is the best team in the country and yet you wouldn't rank them #1?

What exactly is a poll if not a ranking of what voters think are the best teams in the country?

You missed the point. The question is how do we think teams will be ranked this week, not which I THINK is the best. What I wrote was what I thought the polls would reflect the way the season has gone so far, AND I, personally, think Baylor is the best team I've seen this year--separate points. Is that surprising after the way the Bears handled our Huskies? UConn beat ND, so they should not jump ahead of us. Louisville is undefeated, so they, too, should be ahead of the Irish. Stanford beat Baylor, which means the Cardinal should be ranked ahead of the Bears. So: undefeated Louisville should be #1, UConn ahead of ND and Stanford ahead of Baylor. But this is all conjecture. Where teams rank now means nothing.

Reaction Score
You're correct. Louisville, unbeaten, should be #1 (until they meet ND, and we see that outcome), and UConn, having beaten the Irish by a substantial margin in their place, should be ranked ahead of ND (#2) with the Irish @3, Stanford (having beaten Baylor) at 4, then the Bears.
Frankly, I believe that Baylor is the best team in the country. Their beat-down of the Huskies was no fluke. Brown and Cox are much better than I remember. They should be used as the prototype for the southern border wall . . .
I couldn't agree more.

Reaction Score
IMO Baylor on a neutral court will be a totally different game.

That’s why I think ND is the best bet to contend for the Natty.....McGraw has that team ready to play anywhere, any time, generally.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

You speak wisdom.

Reaction Score

Agree

Reaction Score
So ... Baylor is the best team in the country and yet you wouldn't rank them #1?

What exactly is a poll if not a ranking of what voters think are the best teams in the country?
They should ALL be ranked Number ONE. it is the only fair thing to do. (since Uconn wasn't)

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score

Cox was sick during the Stanford game. Brown had a bad game.

Reaction Score
No worries BY. UConn will return to 1 after the beat Louisville on the road. I’ve watched then a handful of times. They are more of a 1-trick pony than ever with Durr. Hines-Allen at least made it interesting to debate but their bigs aren’t very big or skilled. Collier & Co. will have a field day.

Reaction Score
You missed the point. The question is how do we think teams will be ranked this week, not which I THINK is the best. What I wrote was what I thought the polls would reflect the way the season has gone so far, AND I, personally, think Baylor is the best team I've seen this year--separate points. Is that surprising after the way the Bears handled our Huskies? UConn beat ND, so they should not jump ahead of us. Louisville is undefeated, so they, too, should be ahead of the Irish. Stanford beat Baylor, which means the Cardinal should be ranked ahead of the Bears. So: undefeated Louisville should be #1, UConn ahead of ND and Stanford ahead of Baylor. But this is all conjecture. Where teams rank now means nothing.

But Stanford lost to Gonzaga, who lost to UConn, who lost to Baylor, who lost to Stanford....

Reaction Score
No worries BY. UConn will return to 1 after the beat Louisville on the road. I’ve watched then a handful of times. They are more of a 1-trick pony than ever with Durr. Hines-Allen at least made it interesting to debate but their bigs aren’t very big or skilled. Collier & Co. will have a field day.
My guess is if Louisville doesn’t beat ND, then the Irish will hang onto the #1 ranking thru til the tourney. If ND loses to Louisville then we reclaim #1 after Jan 31.

Reaction Score
I think that this year's title is ND's to lose. I see them and either Baylor or Mstate in the final game as things stand at this point in time. We're only halfway through the season...

Reaction Score
If ND beats Louisville they and win their games until you guys play Louisville, UConn won't be number 1. ND has better teams to play compared to UConn. If ND remains with one loss they will be the overall number one team in the tourney.
I say that because their OOC was strong, and their conference provides other ranked teams to play. Of course, they would have to win out... But I can see them doing that

Reaction Score
If ND beats Louisville they and win their games until you guys play Louisville, UConn won't be number 1. ND has better teams to play compared to UConn. If ND remains with one loss they will be the overall number one team in the tourney.
I say that because their OOC was strong, and their conference provides other ranked teams to play. Of course, they would have to win out... But I can see them doing that
I guess UConn beating ND at ND by 19 doesn’t mean much?? Interesting take but not sure you would be able to justify it if both have the same amount of losses.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cox was sick during the Stanford game. Brown had a bad game.

Like I said, ineffective. Stanford's game plan had nothing to do w/ Brown having a bad game, right? They ran her off the floor and she couldn't defend the Tree's posts out on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I guess UConn beating ND at ND by 19 doesn’t mean much?? Interesting take but not sure you would be able to justify it if both have the same amount of losses.
I'm sure you can look at other posts on this forum, but ND has played better oppenents and have only one bad loss. It meant a lot for the polls in December, but going forward it will not. ND has the chance to retain their place because of the ACC and they still play Tennessee (not that they are that good, but still a tournament team). UConn's only two games that will be able to impress will be Louisville and UCF. Number 1 is NDs to lose for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Like I said, ineffective. Stanford's game plan had nothing to do w/ Brown having a bad game, right? They ran her off the floor and she couldn't defend the Tree's posts out on the perimeter.
Browns game vs UConn was an anomaly. Let’s be honest. She’s having a terrible season & continued to hit shots she’s proven she’s not reliable with against UConn. I’ve been pretty disappointed in her effort. How you can be that big & average under 7 rebounds is a joke. Cox has been equally as disappointing. Luckily the freshman is picking up some of the slack for them.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you can look at other posts on this forum, but ND has played better oppenents and have only one bad loss. It meant a lot for the polls in December, but going forward it will not. ND has the chance to retain their place because of the ACC and they still play Tennessee (not that they are that good, but still a tournament team). UConn's only two games that will be able to impress will be Louisville and UCF. Number 1 is NDs to lose for the rest of the season.
Yes but part of the schedule is did you face each other. Again 19 point loss at home & you think you deserve to be ranked over them while possessing the same record isn’t realistic. At some point common sense has to come into play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom