Nyara Sabally tore ACL | The Boneyard

Nyara Sabally tore ACL

Reaction Score
Beat me to it (posting this topic). Tough blow for her and her team. From Oregonlive.com:

Oregon women’s basketball forward Nyara Sabally retears ACL

"The 6-foot-5 Nyara Sabally was expected to bolster the size in Oregon’s front court, which lost Oti Gildon after the season, returns starters Ruthy Hebard and Erin Boley and backup Lydia Giomi and adds signee Lucy Cochran and transfer Sedona Prince, who is seeking a waiver for immediate eligibility. "

The Duck's do add Cochran (6'5" from Australia) and Sedona's waiver request now has added importance.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Ouch. Is she eligible for a 2nd year of injury redshirt?

And apparently she's gonna have a REALLY long career. Potentially 6 years worth if she gets the 2nd redshirt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aww man. Wow! I really wanted to see what she can do due to all the speculation and chatter that she’s just as good as her sister. Dang!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
... for the second time:

I gave the post a like because the surgery went well. The content was sad. If there was a crying emoji, I would have used it. It's bad enough to tear your ACL once, but twice?, that's horrible. :( SMH. This is the worst news I've read all year. She's had enough bad luck to last her for a long time. I hope things turn around for her beginning TODAY with her rehab and beyond.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Nyara. You've got a lot of BB fans all across the country pulling for you, and eagerly waiting for your return to the court. ;)

Side bar - "The Duck's do add Cochran (6'5" from Australia)." This is the news release from the UConn BB office I was hoping to read about during the final days of summer before classes resumed. Not necessarily Cochran, but a 6'5" post player from abroad.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Really terrible news. It sucks to lose two whole years of what should be a prime period of development and improvement, ages ~18-20, due to back-to-back ACL tears.

Hopefully she can recover and still have a great career. Brittney Sykes went through the double-ACL gauntlet at Syracuse, and she's done remarkably well.

Reaction Score
Really terrible news. It sucks to lose two whole years of what should be a prime period of development and improvement, ages ~18-20, due to back-to-back ACL tears.

Hopefully she can recover and still have a great career. Brittney Sykes went through the double-ACL gauntlet at Syracuse, and she's done remarkably well.

But what's far worse is the likelihood that she will experience severe arthritis in that injured knee and require a knee replacement in her early thirties. And the problem with that is that those replaced knees only last about fifteen years before they, too, must be replaced. And current technology only permits a knee to be replaced- twice? So sometime in early old age, the pain and the wearing out artificial joint will combine with a technological dead-end.

Don't recall the articles, but the long-term physical outlook for those with ACL tears is not great.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really stinks. Was excited to see her this upcoming season. Hope she recovers well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom