NY Times: Why Pat Summitt Won So Many Basketball Games | The Boneyard

NY Times: Why Pat Summitt Won So Many Basketball Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Nice piece. I always - enjoy is not the right word - read articles about those we lose in a given year, a humbling reminder of great folks who are no longer here.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My favorite Pat story occurred in 2002. Tennessee came to Columbia highly ranked and, for a change, the Gamecocks were also highly ranked. The game was a near sell out and was close for a while. Early in the second half, Pat was upset with the play of Michelle Snow. With over 12,000 people in the arena (our old arena), Pat stomped her heel on the court and yelled, "Snow!" A few minutes later, Snow had a breakaway dunk and the game was basically over.

Reaction Score
My favorite Pat story occurred in 2002. Tennessee came to Columbia highly ranked and, for a change, the Gamecocks were also highly ranked. The game was a near sell out and was close for a while. Early in the second half, Pat was upset with the play of Michelle Snow. With over 12,000 people in the arena (our old arena), Pat stomped her heel on the court and yelled, "Snow!" A few minutes later, Snow had a breakaway dunk and the game was basically over.
One of the best stories have read in years. I enjoy learning about best in class-no matter what the sport. Hard to find true news like this anymore.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The article reminds me just how much I miss the UConn-UT, Geno-Pat rivalry. Thinking back to the incredible game in San Antonio in 2002 with 29,000+ in attendance. I don't know if we will ever see that level of interest in a single WBB game again.

Reaction Score
The article reminds me just how much I miss the UConn-UT, Geno-Pat rivalry. Thinking back to the incredible game in San Antonio in 2002 with 29,000+ in attendance. I don't know if we will ever see that level of interest in a single WBB game again.

Dude---Wasn't it great to have the EVIL EMPIRE Going up against the BRASH WISE GUY--The Southern Lady against the Philly Thug. (I know harsh). To me they made the NC's anti-climatic. Everyone knew those dates--where they'd be played--and each and every kid on that Tn team--maybe the waterboy too.
The closest we come today is the ND or USC games---try as they will to get something nasty going between Muffet and Geno--it never quite worked out.
Had tickets to San Antone but missed the game. Great game..

Reaction Score
She won through force of character! She willed TN to victory!

A Southern lady---tough as nails. Kara lawson, bless her soul, spend a lot of time with Pat during her final days--that's love--
If you ever spent time, of any duration, with an Alzheimers patient, you'd know the love Kara had for Pat. Only saints are given that task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom