NY Liberty Owner Joseph Tsai Interview | The Boneyard

NY Liberty Owner Joseph Tsai Interview

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As I mentioned on a previous thread, I was at the game and our 2nd rd pick Han Xu really impressed. Also not bad marketing getting a chinese national to a team that will play in brooklyn.

How do you see Han Xu being an impact in the WNBA and in the Liberty organization?

As you can see, she is a tall player (6-foot-9). But she could also really dominate underneath the basket. She is not afraid of physicality and can also shoot. She's a very versatile player. So just her pure skill sets. She's going to catch a lot of attention and hopefully delight the fans, so I'm very excited to actually watch her play.

At the game, a lot if Chinese fans rooting for the National Team were there but I see great opportunity having them follow Han. She seems to have a great personality.

Thank god Dolan got rid of the team to an owner who seems really motivated to make this work.

How did you get involved in women's professional basketball and decide to purchase the Liberty?

Well, once you are involved in the men's team (the Brooklyn Nets), it's pretty natural to think about, "Well, should we get involved with the New York team on the women's side of things?" Fortunately, the Liberty were available for sale and we sort of jumped at the opportunity. For me, it's kind of personal. I have a daughter that plays sports throughout high school. She's playing varsity lacrosse in college. So any father that have daughters can understand this. I really want to support women's sports because I think young girls need role models to look up to. I've mentioned before that sports really develop people's leadership skills so that we need to have more women leaders in this world. So for me, it's beyond sports. It's leadership. I think they are the role models for young girls. That's why I support women in sports.

Here is the written interview with some embedded videos

New York Liberty owner Joseph Tsai on getting into the WNBA, drafting Han Xu

If the team is at Barclay next year, I can see myself going to 5+ games with good fan support if we have a decent team to root for.:D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As I mentioned on a previous thread, I was at the game and our 2nd rd pick Han Xu really impressed. Also not bad marketing getting a chinese national to a team that will play in brooklyn.

How do you see Han Xu being an impact in the WNBA and in the Liberty organization?

As you can see, she is a tall player (6-foot-9). But she could also really dominate underneath the basket. She is not afraid of physicality and can also shoot. She's a very versatile player. So just her pure skill sets. She's going to catch a lot of attention and hopefully delight the fans, so I'm very excited to actually watch her play.

At the game, a lot if Chinese fans rooting for the National Team were there but I see great opportunity having them follow Han. She seems to have a great personality.

Thank god Dolan got rid of the team to an owner who seems really motivated to make this work.

How did you get involved in women's professional basketball and decide to purchase the Liberty?

Well, once you are involved in the men's team (the Brooklyn Nets), it's pretty natural to think about, "Well, should we get involved with the New York team on the women's side of things?" Fortunately, the Liberty were available for sale and we sort of jumped at the opportunity. For me, it's kind of personal. I have a daughter that plays sports throughout high school. She's playing varsity lacrosse in college. So any father that have daughters can understand this. I really want to support women's sports because I think young girls need role models to look up to. I've mentioned before that sports really develop people's leadership skills so that we need to have more women leaders in this world. So for me, it's beyond sports. It's leadership. I think they are the role models for young girls. That's why I support women in sports.

Here is the written interview with some embedded videos

New York Liberty owner Joseph Tsai on getting into the WNBA, drafting Han Xu

If the team is at Barclay next year, I can see myself going to 5+ games with good fan support if we have a decent team to root for.:D

Thanks for posting. Interesting to see that the Nets organization placed both of their two top draft choices in the same apartment building, right next to each other! Asia Durr and Han Xu in Brooklyn...got to love it!

Hoping/assuming that the Liberty will shift home games to Barclay's Center in 2020. My daughter lives about five blocks away. So, like you, I might pick up tickets for a few games.

So very glad to see a new approach being taken for this team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Impressive interview. Hope it all comes together for the Liberty.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Interesting to see that the Nets organization placed both of their two top draft choices in the same apartment building, right next to each other! Asia Durr and Han Xu in Brooklyn...got to love it!

Hoping/assuming that the Liberty will shift home games to Barclay's Center in 2020. My daughter lives about five blocks away. So, like you, I might pick up tickets for a few games.

So very glad to see a new approach being taken for this team.

Interesting you are identifying them under the Nets umbrella.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom