OT: NY Giants TV | The Boneyard

OT: NY Giants TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay this would be only for the western Mass folk out there (maybe all of mass?) - oh yeah sorry for the OT on game day to the yankees dude. lol

I have been getting Giants games on TV here for the 24 years I've been up here, no issues. Actually when they are an AFC telecast the same time as the Pats I lose on those days but that's not often. okay, that last 3 weeks they have NOT shown the Giants here on any station (other than occasionally on Red Zone) no matter where their game is. They have shown games which I am completely disinterested in and I am sure many others in this area are the same. I realize they aren't very good but I'm a fan and want to see them, wtf is the story does anyone know? I know there are actually quite a few Giant fans in this area too because prior to the 90's the Pats weren't all that good and until multiple stations in the 70's/80's the Giants were always on up here therefore a favorite of the fans.

Who the hell pulled the plug on the Giants being aired up here? (i sent an email to Fox TV sports)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just remember, you can't spell elite without Eli.

Reaction Score
Okay this would be only for the western Mass folk out there (maybe all of mass?) - oh yeah sorry for the OT on game day to the yankees dude. lol

I have been getting Giants games on TV here for the 24 years I've been up here, no issues. Actually when they are an AFC telecast the same time as the Pats I lose on those days but that's not often. okay, that last 3 weeks they have NOT shown the Giants here on any station (other than occasionally on Red Zone) no matter where their game is. They have shown games which I am completely disinterested in and I am sure many others in this area are the same. I realize they aren't very good but I'm a fan and want to see them, wtf is the story does anyone know? I know there are actually quite a few Giant fans in this area too because prior to the 90's the Pats weren't all that good and until multiple stations in the 70's/80's the Giants were always on up here therefore a favorite of the fans.

Who the hell pulled the plug on the Giants being aired up here? (i sent an email to Fox TV sports)

I think it is simply because the Giants are awful and now out of the playoff hunt. It's hard to call west mass Giant market, so they must be just showing the public games with playoff implications to best serve everybody. Heck I'm a Giant fan and I don't have any reason to watch them right now.

Reaction Score

Maybe you should send an email to Eli or tommy boy.

Reaction Score
I think it is simply because the Giants are awful and now out of the playoff hunt. It's hard to call west mass Giant market, so they must be just showing the public games with playoff implications to best serve everybody. Heck I'm a Giant fan and I don't have any reason to watch them right now.

While I wouldn't now base my day on what time the Giants are playing due to their record I still want to watch them and see what we have for next year. And you are totally wrong about the market in WesMass. There are guys my age who I golf with who are Giants fans all over this area because back in the NFL/AFL days the Pats never were on TV here the Giants were so they grew up Giants fans. It's a huge by the network!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You'd be wrong.

You can, but you shouldn't.

It's kinda like stepping on a rake.

You're allowed to do it, but your face will suffer from the effort.

Reaction Score
While I wouldn't now base my day on what time the Giants are playing due to their record I still want to watch them and see what we have for next year. And you are totally wrong about the market in WesMass. There are guys my age who I golf with who are Giants fans all over this area because back in the NFL/AFL days the Pats never were on TV here the Giants were so they grew up Giants fans. It's a huge by the network!

Not questioning the fandom, I'm talking about what the NFL would consider their market.
Plus, you kind of hit on it, the demos say that the people of the pre Pat days are not what they base these decisions on.
As a Giant fan, I take nothing from these meaningless games into next year, save a rookie like Beckham who didn't even play until mid season. The rest showed their true colors when the games mattered.
Remember last year? Ended the year winning 7 of their last 10. That sure carried over!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The local affiliate is making the decision.

Once you get out of the territorial rules they can pick their game. That's how dozens of stations switched into the Browns game this week. Started at like 15% of the country and ended at 50%.

Reaction Score
2-0 in Super Bowls vs the Pats

Guess who?

Aaron Rodgers

Joe Montana

Eli Manning

He would be an ELIte QB too by the way as a hint!
Rodgers and Montana went 2-0 against the pats too? Also, elite qb's don't have down years like the ones Eli has had. He's caught lightning in a bottle twice. I consider him more of a miracle worker than an elite qb.

Reaction Score
Rodgers and Montana went 2-0 against the pats too? Also, elite qb's don't have down years like the ones Eli has had. He's caught lightning in a bottle twice. I consider him more of a miracle worker than an elite qb.

If you can work two miracles that carry all the way thru two Super Bowls, almost all playoff games on the road, and one of them is against an undefeated team, then you are elite.

Reaction Score

5llF0Uq.gif

Reaction Score
I don't like any of those teams, just saying Eli isn't elite. He's worked miracles but he isn't elite.

He's not Rogers, Brady or brother Manning but he's the next level. Only as effective as the line and if you don't believe that ask Tom vs the Giants! Sure did;t look elite in those games did he?

Reaction Score
Oh, my bad. Then it must be the commonsense desire to not get taunted about Eli snatching two titles out of your pocket.

Not often but fun to agree!! Even more fun to watch 2 Sox fans go after each other ;)

Reaction Score

Where in Western Mass do you live? My guess is with a good hdtv antennae you should be able to pull in Albany's feed. Get an outdoor one that can be rotated. They are relatively cheap and the networks are required to beam in hdtv.

Reaction Score
Thanks 25 nice idea.

My first thought is to hammer on them with emails and get some answers although I doubt I can make an impact in that way!

Reaction Score
You can use this web site to figure out what stations you should be able to pick up over-the-air, how strong they should be (and what type of an antenna you'll need to pick it up), and which direction to point your antenna.

TV Fool - Signal Analysis

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You can use this web site to figure out what stations you should be able to pick up over-the-air, how strong they should be (and what type of an antenna you'll need to pick it up), and which direction to point your antenna.

TV Fool - Signal Analysis
That's a cool site - and depressing. I don't get a single major station with better than -83dBm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom