OT: - Nurkic Injury | The Boneyard

OT: Nurkic Injury

Reaction Score
Anyone else see Jusuf Nurkic's leg snap in half? Gruesome. I thought Jared Dudley was going to puke. Is it me or do these type of injuries seem to be happening more frequently than they used to?

Reaction Score
Oof, yeah, that one was bad. It was a very audible *snap*. Yikes. Freaking ref kicks the damn leg as he's clumsily trying to step over him too, WTF!

Reaction Score
Just watched it. Woof.

Blazers were playing really well too. Another real solid season for Nurkic. Hope he can come back OK.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I can’t watch these injuries ever since a “goth” kid dislocated his foot jumping off of the hoop during gym class right in front of me.

Reaction Score
I can’t watch these injuries ever since a “goth” kid dislocated his foot jumping off of the hoop during gym class right in front of me.
Goth kid at my school decided to Pete Rose into first base running out a grounder in softball. Dude went balls to the walls baggy jeans and chains floppin’ in the wind. Pinky and ring fingers ended up at his wrist I swear to god. Out by a mile too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Goth kid at my school decided to Pete Rose into first base running out a grounder in softball. Dude went balls to the walls baggy jeans and chains floppin’ in the wind. Pinky and ring fingers ended up at his wrist I swear to god. Out by a mile too.
They just wanted to make sure the rest of us were as scared by their gym class experience as they were I guess

Reaction Score
Probably playing with a stress fracture, which creates a weak spot in the bone. Ugly when this happens. Kevin Ware. Paul George.
I agree this seems to be happening more. For a long time the Theisman injury was the worst and whereas it was caused by the best defensive player ever falling on him it was explainable. Seems like one a year of late, awful.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

At my school we were learning golf and this girl connected w/ another girls face during her back swing. We all heard a crack and look over and she essentially spits out all her teeth..... And that is the day she became a goth.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looks like everyone’s got a goth story.
I bet you have a few
1553630623929.gif

Reaction Score
It does seem to be happening more and more. Probably a byproduct of the bigger, faster, stronger athlete of today. It used to be a huge advantage to have a big skilled center because of how rare skilled 7 ft guys were. Jordan would still be great today, but how many super talented 6' 7'' guys were around just 25 years ago as compared to today.
It hasn't happened yet, but does anybody remember Carson Palmer talking about the increase in big skilled guys in the NFL and saying because of simple physics it's just a matter of time until we see an on field death in the NFL.

Reaction Score
It hasn't happened yet, but does anybody remember Carson Palmer talking about the increase in big skilled guys in the NFL and saying because of simple physics it's just a matter of time until we see an on field death in the NFL.
I'd definitely agree. Only a matter of time.

Hell, almost happened a few years back to Ricardo Lockett

"I didn't realize how serious it was until it was over," Lockette said last year. "The doctor told me pretty much my skull, all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae. If I would have stood up then, the weight of my head, left right, front back, I would have died.

"If one of my teammates had come over and pulled my arm just barely, I might have died.

"If the returner at the time would have broken a couple tackles and they would have fell on me on the field I would have died."

Reaction Score
I'd definitely agree. Only a matter of time.

Hell, almost happened a few years back to Ricardo Lockett

"I didn't realize how serious it was until it was over," Lockette said last year. "The doctor told me pretty much my skull, all the muscles, all the ligaments that connect my vertebrae. If I would have stood up then, the weight of my head, left right, front back, I would have died.

"If one of my teammates had come over and pulled my arm just barely, I might have died.

"If the returner at the time would have broken a couple tackles and they would have fell on me on the field I would have died."
Almost happened to Alex Smith when his leg snapped this year too

Reaction Score
I saw a sprinter snap his leg on the old Yale spring board indoor track.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom