NPOY Decided Early | The Boneyard

NPOY Decided Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In a Fagan article on ESPN http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...a-stewart-unstoppable-california-golden-bears

Lindsay Gottlieb said if Stewie were coming out this year every WNBA team would draft her No 1. Debate over. Wonder what Tara would think of that statement from a fellow PAC 10 coach. CO and Simms simply do not have what she has. Of course there is a lot of time for heroics by all concerned, but it is fair to say that Stewie is the leader in this race.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Pam Ward and her cohort expressed the same feelings during the broadcast. Stewart was unstoppable.

Seems a little unfair to KML though, to penalize her for missing eight early games due to injury. She at least deserves some consideration.

Geno might also be thinking NPOY for Stewart, given that he wants to try to get her at least 20 shots per game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Can Stewart jump to the pros where she belongs? No need to play two more years dominating every team by 20 points.

T

TroyHouse66

I think we all are giving Stewie FAR more credit than she deserves as a GREAT shooter.
Geno wants her to get about 20 shots per game &, against Cal, she played 27 min to take 18.
I think Tierney [T(he)Law] could take somewhere between 40-60 shots in the same amount of time.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:
Can Stewart jump to the pros where she belongs? No need to play two more years dominating every team by 20 points.
I think that would start a trend that would be undesirable for WCBB. If both Maya and Griner played four years, I doubt anyone else would contemplate an early jump.

Reaction Score
I believe I read somewhere on this blog that it is not possible to jump early. It seems there are some rules in place in the WNBA that prevent it. Anyone know the specifics?

Reaction Score
Good to know that sarcasm is alive and well in the Lone Star state...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I believe I read somewhere on this blog that it is not possible to jump early. It seems there are some rules in place in the WNBA that prevent it. Anyone know the specifics?
I think E. Prince (need I remind you she scored 117 points in a high school game) skipped her senior year to play in Europe.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good to know that sarcasm is alive and well in the Lone Star state...

That was my way of saying that Stewart is WNBA ready and that no other team has a chance to beat UCONN while she is in college. Of course I am not seriously suggesting that she turn pro.

Reaction Score
That was my way of saying that Stewart is WNBA ready and that no other team has a chance to beat UCONN while she is in college. Of course I am not seriously suggesting that she turn pro.
I said the same thing about Griner and ended up being wrong 75% of the time she was in college.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You cannot play in the WNBA until your college class graduation year - you can leave early and play in Europe which is what Prince did, but the W has that age restriction in place. I suspect that if someone wanted to take them to court the rule could be overturned like it was in the NBA and I believe in the NFL.

Reaction Score
You cannot play in the WNBA until your college class graduation year - you can leave early and play in Europe which is what Prince did, but the W has that age restriction in place. I suspect that if someone wanted to take them to court the rule could be overturned like it was in the NBA and I believe in the NFL.
The WNBA's rookie pay scale is so low, who would want to test the rule? Maybe if a number of the top college players decided to play in Europe before graduating, that might influence the league to change its rule.

Reaction Score
I think E. Prince (need I remind you she scored 117 points in a high school game) skipped her senior year to play in Europe.
Prince's high school coach was an a!!hole. He had a superior team, with a huge lead, and continued to press and get shots for Prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom