Now that's how you respond | The Boneyard

Now that's how you respond

Reaction Score
That is how you respond from a game you should've won. So stoked about this team.

We are more talented than any team in the AAC and should be a tournament team. If Gilbert can play a smart floor game like that this is a serious team....Throw rankings out the window, Bouknignt is a top 10 recruit, he has absolutely everything you want in a basketball player. Akok is a rim eraser, will be one of the best shot blockers in the country and I love what I see from Adams.

Next year should obviously be special but we don't have to look to next year, this team should be really good this year. We don't have all the pieces but there is certainly enough to be a tournament team. We should be undefeated right now but whatever, it's how you respond and our response was great.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That is how you respond from a game you should've won. So stoked about this team.

We are more talented than any team in the AAC and should be a tournament team. If Gilbert can play a smart floor game like that this is a serious team....Throw rankings out the window, Bouknignt is a top 10 recruit, he has absolutely everything you want in a basketball player. Akok is a rim eraser, will be one of the best shot blockers in the country and I love what I see from Adams.

Next year should obviously be special but we don't have to look to next year, this team should be really good this year. We don't have all the pieces but there is certainly enough to be a tournament team. We should be undefeated right now but whatever, it's how you respond and our response was great.
Loved the back and forth I had with you in the other thread. I plan on enjoying this season. To me any positive is icing on the cake because I thought the set up was for next season. Might be tournament bound this season if we stay healthy.

Reaction Score
The most important thing is the confidence they will take away from this. This could easily have been a let down disaster after that double OT loss of a game we gave away. Instead, the response was as strong as it possibly could have been. Very complete game today, very encouraging.

Reaction Score
Loved the back and forth I had with you in the other thread. I plan on enjoying this season. To me any positive is icing on the cake because I thought the set up was for next season. Might be tournament bound this season if we stay healthy.
Me too. We have a lot of talent. I was only upset about the Xavier ending because I know we are better than them. Gilbert and Vital just have to trust in the young guys because they are damn good. I think they'll get it and they showed that today.

That moment at the end with Hurley pointing at Gilbert and then pointing to the crowd was the best moment of the day. That's coaching.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Me too. We have a lot of talent. I was only upset about the Xavier ending because I know we are better than them. Gilbert and Vital just have to trust in the young guys because they are damn good. I think they'll get it and they showed that today.

That moment at the end with Hurley pointing at Gilbert and then pointing to the crowd was the best moment of the day. That's coaching.
I think it's more that fans have to trust the players and that Hurley knows what he's doing instead of going apepoo after heartbreaks.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I think it's more that fans have to trust the players and that Hurley knows what he's doing instead of going apepoo after heartbreaks.
Absolutely. This year is going to be a grind. We are going to lose games we should win. It's going to be frustrating.

The fan base collectively needs to manage expectation. We're trending upward. Change doesn't happen overnight. Enjoy the wins, learn from the losses, continue growing.

Reaction Score
Never felt so good to be 4-2. Maybe it’s because we’ve played like a top 25 team for each game (minus game #2)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom