Now that the schedule is out | The Boneyard

Now that the schedule is out

Reaction Score
Whats youre record prediction?

Overall 21-12
Conference 13-5

I think this team starts off a little rough but really hits its stride later in the season. Become dangerous at tournament time and actually become some peoples dark horse pick.

Reaction Score
24-7. Losses: 1 in PK80, Arizona, split with Wichita, split with Cincy, split with Temple, Villanova, and one more bad conference loss someone in there. I think 24-7 overall and 12-4 in conference play is a good estimate with a 5 or 6 seed likely.

Reaction Score
24-7. Losses: 1 in PK80, Arizona, split with Wichita, split with Cincy, split with Temple, Villanova, and one more bad conference loss someone in there. I think 24-7 overall and 12-4 in conference play is a good estimate with a 5 or 6 seed likely.
i thought it was 18 conference games?

Reaction Score
Correct, so 14-4 in conference should be a reasonable goal.
Id lose my mind if we win 24 games in the regular season. A conference title and its most likely a 2 seed. I wish i shared your optimism. My expectations are a little more tempered.

Reaction Score
Id lose my mind if we win 24 games in the regular season. A conference title and its most likely a 2 seed. I wish i shared your optimism. My expectations are a little more tempered.

The more I think about this team, the more optimistic I get. Gilbert/Adams has the potential to be one of the best backcourts in the country. Larrier can be a top 10 wing in the country. Mamadou and Cobb will bring toughness + rebounding down low which we haven't seen in a while. Kwintin looks super athletic and seems to provide some serious energy. Then off the bench, Vital + Anderson who are both scrappy and both aren't afraid to take the big shot. I really like this team and if they click, they will go far.

Reaction Score
Think we go 21-10. Lose to Oregon, Zona, Auburn, Wichita St x2, Nova, Cincy x2, @Temple on a stupid 8pm Sunday night road game, and one nonsense game somewhere in there. End up firmly on the bubble.

Reaction Score
3-4 against those 7 OOC teams would be good. I don't expect it. This team needs to gel--they haven't played together.
2-5 is more likely. Just beat Oregon, that's the big one.

13-5 in conference, probably lose one, win one in the conference tourney.

22-11 prior to the NCAAs.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

This is the AAC. 24 wins and a conference title is at best a 5 seed.

Reaction Score
Let's see, Ollie is 16-20 in road AAC games, so that is a statistic I don't expect to change much. Considering the auto losses @WSU and Cincy, a 4-5 record would seem fair. Wichita State and Cincy are on another level compared to UConn this year, so I'm expecting the sweep but hoping for the best. SMU will likely win because SMU always wins. 10-8 in conference.

OOC is scary. That Oregon game may literally be the season, and it's a hard game to judge since it's essentially two new teams playing. If we beat Oregon I think we pick up two PK80 wins, with a loss resulting in one. Going to beat Syracuse. I don't think a word exists for what Arizona will do to us. And Auburn is going to be a tough game, flying from Arizona to Alabama to play a game on one day's rest? No thank you. And then Villanova. Never have we played Villanova where I thought the Huskies didn't have a chance to win, but once again they're a legitimate top-10 team whereas UConn is not. No clue.

18-13 Overall
10-8 AAC
8-5 OOC

Let's see what happens in the AAC tournament. Ollie's job will be safe; likely have 3 top 100 commits by season's end.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's see, Ollie is 16-20 in road AAC games, so that is a statistic I don't expect to change much. Considering the auto losses @WSU and Cincy, a 4-5 record would seem fair. Wichita State and Cincy are on another level compared to UConn this year, so I'm expecting the sweep but hoping for the best. SMU will likely win because SMU always wins. 10-8 in conference.

OOC is scary. That Oregon game may literally be the season, and it's a hard game to judge since it's essentially two new teams playing. If we beat Oregon I think we pick up two PK80 wins, with a loss resulting in one. Going to beat Syracuse. I don't think a word exists for what Arizona will do to us. And Auburn is going to be a tough game, flying from Arizona to Alabama to play a game on one day's rest? No thank you. And then Villanova. Never have we played Villanova where I thought the Huskies didn't have a chance to win, but once again they're a legitimate top-10 team whereas UConn is not. No clue.

18-13 Overall
10-8 AAC
8-5 OOC

Let's see what happens in the AAC tournament. Ollie's job will be safe; likely have 3 top 100 commits by season's end.
Unfortunately I think your prediction is most likely

Reaction Score
3-4 against those 7 OOC teams would be good. I don't expect it. This team needs to gel--they haven't played together.
2-5 is more likely. Just beat Oregon, that's the big one.

13-5 in conference, probably lose one, win one in the conference tourney.

22-11 prior to the NCAAs.
On paper we are a lot better than Oregon this season, that's a game we have to win.

Reaction Score
I'm still trying to get over the back to back losses to Wagner and Northeastern to open last year's season and this was with a roster that was at full strength. Coach Ollie has to do a much better job this year of getting this group ready to play. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reaction Score
The more I think about this team, the more optimistic I get. Gilbert/Adams has the potential to be one of the best backcourts in the country. Larrier can be a top 10 wing in the country. Mamadou and Cobb will bring toughness + rebounding down low which we haven't seen in a while. Kwintin looks super athletic and seems to provide some serious energy. Then off the bench, Vital + Anderson who are both scrappy and both aren't afraid to take the big shot. I really like this team and if they click, they will go far.

I'm thinking this way too and I really like the talent on this team.

But then I think about the injury potential and I'm not as optimistic. Larrier is coming off an ACL and really hasn't played much in the last few years. Gilbert and Diarra seem to have chronic injuries that may be reoccurring throughout their careers. I really hope not. Regardless we have better depth than last year to deal with injuries so I'm going to predict 21 wins

Reaction Score
I'm thinking this way too and I really like the talent on this team.

But then I think about the injury potential and I'm not as optimistic. Larrier is coming off an ACL and really hasn't played much in the last few years. Gilbert and Diarra seem to have chronic injuries that may be reoccurring throughout their careers. I really hope not. Regardless we have better depth than last year to deal with injuries so I'm going to predict 21 wins

Gilbert and Larrier are just well rested!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Holy lolz we'd have to go 30-1 for a 2 seed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom