Now that the "rivalry" is over | The Boneyard

Now that the "rivalry" is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm glad it's over. I never liked that people thought Rutgers was this big "rival". It's friggin Rutgers for crying out loud. I always circled Pitt games on my calendar, now those were games. So long Rutgers, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
If there was a good Lord, we'd be in the B1G and RU would be where they belong: the basement dwellers of the AAC.

They won't finish better than 6th in conference for football, and LOL for basketball.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I loved to hate Pitt in footb...well, in pretty much everything. But there is no doubt that Rutgers was our best chance at a meaningful rivalry in football. Close finishes. Series tied 6-6. Both battling for eyeballs in the Big Apple. Both battling for northeastern recruits. And a nice amount of trash-talking between fans.

If Rutgers being our rival made you sad, picture this: Our new rival by default is going to be....Temple...

Reaction Score
Every interview, every year, I hear the players call Rutgers their rivals. There is actual disdain for each other. RU was our rival.

I will miss the games. At least we evened the series, since we moved up, to 6-6. Don't need to hear them yap about dominating us.

Reaction Score
I loved to hate Pitt in footb...well, in pretty much everything. But there is no doubt that Rutgers was our best chance at a meaningful rivalry in football. Close finishes. Series tied 6-6. Both battling for eyeballs in the Big Apple. Both battling for northeastern recruits. And a nice amount of trash-talking between fans.

If Rutgers being our rival made you sad, picture this: Our new rival by default is going to be....Temple...

Pitt was a great rival across-the-board. I will miss that school.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Pitt was a great rival across-the-board. I will miss that school.

If I had to rate the biggest football rivals that we have had over the last 10 years or so, I would have to rate it as follows:

1) Rutgers
2) Syracuse
3) Pitt

There is a large window between Pitt and whoever #4 would be (USF??), but that's the way that I saw it, for whatever that's worth. In basketball, Pitt and Cuse were definitely the top two of the last 10 to 15 years...

Reaction Score
If I had to rate the biggest football rivals that we have had over the last 10 years or so, I would have to rate it as follows:

1) Rutgers
2) Syracuse
3) Pitt

There is a large window between Pitt and whoever #4 would be (USF??), but that's the way that I saw it, for whatever that's worth. In basketball, Pitt and Cuse were definitely the top two of the last 10 to 15 years...

Don't we have a winning record vs Pitt and SU and we are 6-6 vs Rutgers? Life is so unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom