Now that Ollie is safe, I think we can all agree | The Boneyard

Now that Ollie is safe, I think we can all agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That Scott Brooks losing his job means we will all miss Scot's Secrit Plays during the NBA playoffs...

CDTzKbhWYAAohr2.jpg

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
A true BLUE, a man on integrity!!!! A rare commodity in a capitalistic world!!!!

Well, he is making $3,000,000 a year. It's not like he hasn't taken advantage of the "capitalist world". Easy to be a "man of integrity" when your fall back position is a multi million dollar gig at one of the best college programs in the country.

Reaction Score
Never worried 1 second on this. Still worrying about another ball handler, shooter.

Reaction Score
Well, he is making $3,000,000 a year. It's not like he hasn't taken advantage of the "capitalist world". Easy to be a "man of integrity" when your fall back position is a multi million dollar gig at one of the best college programs in the country.

True enough. My point is KO did not chase the almighty dollar at the cost of his word. He could have made more money.

Reaction Score
That Scott Brooks losing his job means we will all miss Scot's Secrit Plays during the NBA playoffs...

CDTzKbhWYAAohr2.jpg
Brooks was really bad at running a real offense, and he struggled to develop solid role players--even when some of those players came in with talent.

Reaction Score
The Father of the program, JC is still blessing this program through KO. KO is so Perfect for now, a leader of young men in a time where they are desperately needed! A man of strong character, when that is needed to steer a rocky path that conference realignment has dealt us.

I was pretty worried this time about KO due to our conference affilation, but this is KO's FAMILY, he bleeds blue more than us crazy fans. As some have articulated better than I can, the Lakers job and OKC job were likely the two most appealing jobs for him and he declined interest (at the very least if you aren't willing to say he turned them down). This speaks volumes about his commitment.

As painful as last season was, it has probably taught KO so much as a young coach, and in life we glean so much from FAILURE. I trust KO will be so eager to get back at it this fall. That's why I was pretty worried about the shooter thing but I trust he is hard at work on it or has a plan. He has reiterated filling the scholarships. It was a very frustrating recruiting season but if we come out of it with Jalen, Enoch (I'm a HUGE fan of his athleticism -cannot teach that to a 6-10 kid), Miller and a sharpshooter like some have speculated, pretty good haul in an unconventional way!

JC - Greatest program builder in our time! KO perfect man to succeed the greatest - to build another great chapter of Husky basketball!!! I have only set foot in the state of Connecticut 3 times in my life (2 were Husky games in 2004, 1 college baseball game i was in), but I am so proud to be a Husky, the only team I really have any "live and die" passion for anymore! (1994-2015+++) #tentoesin

Reaction Score
Every time we have one of these episodes ...

It reinforces what we think. WE aren't like other Programs. We are a fraternity. We are a connected bunch & things happen here at UConn beyond what 345 other Programs have. We aren't the only one ... but we are special. Kevin Ollie believes in this. We can build on that & eventually we will be back on a top conference TV network. (WBB too ... as much as some of you hate that; need to have stronger Diaco)

Reaction Score
Every time we have one of these episodes ...

It reinforces what we think. WE aren't like other Programs. We are a fraternity. We are a connected bunch & things happen here at UConn beyond what 345 other Programs have. We aren't the only one ... but we are special. Kevin Ollie believes in this. We can build on that & eventually we will be back on a top conference TV network. (WBB too ... as much as some of you hate that; need to have stronger Diaco)

Do you have a war you want me to fight in? Because I'm all in, I'll to go war right now with this single tear running down my cheek

Reaction Score
The Father of the program, JC is still blessing this program through KO. KO is so Perfect for now, a leader of young men in a time where they are desperately needed! A man of strong character, when that is needed to steer a rocky path that conference realignment has dealt us.

I was pretty worried this time about KO due to our conference affilation, but this is KO's FAMILY, he bleeds blue more than us crazy fans. As some have articulated better than I can, the Lakers job and OKC job were likely the two most appealing jobs for him and he declined interest (at the very least if you aren't willing to say he turned them down). This speaks volumes about his commitment.

As painful as last season was, it has probably taught KO so much as a young coach, and in life we glean so much from FAILURE. I trust KO will be so eager to get back at it this fall. That's why I was pretty worried about the shooter thing but I trust he is hard at work on it or has a plan. He has reiterated filling the scholarships. It was a very frustrating recruiting season but if we come out of it with Jalen, Enoch (I'm a HUGE fan of his athleticism -cannot teach that to a 6-10 kid), Miller and a sharpshooter like some have speculated, pretty good haul in an unconventional way!

JC - Greatest program builder in our time! KO perfect man to succeed the greatest - to build another great chapter of Husky basketball!!! I have only set foot in the state of Connecticut 3 times in my life (2 were Husky games in 2004, 1 college baseball game i was in), but I am so proud to be a Husky, the only team I really have any "live and die" passion for anymore! (1994-2015+++) #tentoesin
How did you become a Uconn fan?

Reaction Score

Thank you for this outstanding post. As great a post as I've read in a long time.

Where are you from, where did you play college basketball, and how did you become a fan, if I may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom